Documentation (Prince of Persia 1 Special Events)

Are you creating new levels/mods for DOS or did you finish your work? Tell us here!

Moderator: English Moderator Team

SuavePrince
Calif
Calif

Re: Documentation (Prince of Persia 1 Special Events)

Post by SuavePrince » January 14th, 2017, 11:48 pm

David wrote: You can (or other guy)enable this event in my level dat?
You don't need to enable it, it's already enabled.
SuavePrince wrote: but remmber,dont add raise or drop in room 24..
I don't understand this...[/quote]
This event is a secret,because is my new mod,dont want share video,my question is,why work this event only in my other level.dat
Need show you video in PM

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert » January 15th, 2017, 1:44 am

David wrote:what behavior?
See my post here.
The top portion of that post mentions the event.
The bottom portion is me trying to explain what's happening in SuavePrince's (unreleased) mod.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert » May 6th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Just a note for myself (or whoever), for a future version of this document: see this post.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert » August 19th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Small addition for section 9.1 ("Falling Tiles").
If there is no room above room 16 or 23, then tiles in the bottom row will be triggered instead. The tile effects this triggers are the same as what would normally happen above the room, e.g. spikes come out, gates open instantly, etc. Loose tiles are a little different: they make noise and disappear, but visually they remain stuck halfway their animation until the prince re-enters the room.

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David » August 20th, 2017, 8:58 am

Norbert wrote:Small addition for section 9.1 ("Falling Tiles").
That's check_fall_flo() in SDLPoP.
Norbert wrote:If there is no room above room 16 or 23, then tiles in the bottom row will be triggered instead.
That's because the game tries to use room 0, but get_room_address() keeps using the last used room in that case.
Norbert wrote:Loose tiles are a little different: they make noise and disappear, but visually they remain stuck halfway their animation until the prince re-enters the room.
The rest of the game uses room 0, that's why those loose floors won't land anywhere.
And I think that's why their original place doesn't get redrawn until you reenter the room (or use Shift+B).

They will appear falling near the top of the screen, but only if there is some room below the current room.
draw_mob() shows why this happens: room is 0, and room == room_B has to be false (a room is below) but room == room_A has to be true (no room is above).

Also, in some mods I saw some loose floors that fell into room 0 flashing in other rooms. Maybe that's why.