Post by Balanced »

Ehh...
Ok now wth? :P
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Dusk:Mod

Post by Hummel »

You can climb down the front floor tile. New tiles are created only if you set a foot on them. ;)
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

Ok, that worked.
When I go a little further I cant go further, because I can't jump 4 tiles without a run..

What to do, really lost the trick in this level
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

The room before wasnt the only one where you can create tiles by yourself. xP
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

It is a 'feel good' mod. In my opinion we need more mods like this which concentrate more on being enjoyable for the player rather than making all the levels difficult. Level 12a was the most difficult level for me also. Levels 7 and 10 are my favorites here. Thanks for making the mod enjoyable.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Kaslghnoon wrote:It is a 'feel good' mod. In my opinion we need more mods like this which concentrate more on being enjoyable for the player rather than making all the levels difficult. Level 12a was the most difficult level for me also. Levels 7 and 10 are my favorites here. Thanks for making the mod enjoyable.
In fact, nobody doesn't know the real power of PoP1 community (and how many people exactly playing new MODs regular), so it's not easy to estimate which levelset will be enjoyable and which difficult and boring or annoying. As for me, almost all of hanswurst levelsets are ideal - they are quite tough and tricky and not boring, because they have interesting ideas. "Arabian Nightmares" - difficult but boring, so it's not intertesting to improve gameplaying skills on it, although its very good to develop "automatical movement bot")) I completed "Doomed Prince Of Persia" by Nicolas Normand recently - that's was pretty cool and interesting for me. I think the "Repetition Of Time" one of the best 3 levelsets ever created.
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

Well, I added an update to my first post. I replaced level 6 and 14 completely.
The fat guard in level 6 is now, under the given circumstances, the hardest opponent in the mod.
In fact, the whole level 6 is now one of the more difficult ones. Hope you like it.

Btw. what way did you choose in Level 4 and 7? Since both offer two ways it would be interesting for me to know which you prefer. ;)
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

Those levels are way better, 6 is a lot tougher!
Razor17
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Razor17 »

Yeah it's right the second version of your game is more tricky than the first. In the second version, I'm stuck in level 6. I'm going the whole way left, but in the end I'm always falling on the ground and I'm dead at once. The blue guard isn't a problem at all I would also beat him if he had 50 lifes (; But I like your mod and hopefully pass the 6th level anytime^^
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Played a bit further into your levelset (I'm at Level 7 now) and I gotta say, it's pretty nice so far. Lots of well thought-out ideas, tricks you actually need to stop and think in order to find out what to do, and last but not least, making the shadow a helpful character. I really like that concept of cooperation and can't wait to see what Level 12 will be like.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

Update to v1.2 just arrived. I´m now quite happy with the mod on the whole.
I hope it´s not to difficult to figure out how to beat the Lvl8-guard the right way. -.-
Lvl11, however, is now much better IMO and shouldn´t feel like a cheap filler level anymore.
Lvl4 has a lot doors. I hope I considered every stupid stuff you could do there (except of walking into a trap), so that you are prevented from getting stuck (or even worse, finding an easier way :P ).

Have fun,
Humel
Razor17
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Razor17 »

I like playing your mods, but in my opinion there's no way to pass the new level 8 in version 1.2. On the left, there's a closed door which can't be opened, on the right you die, and if you're climbing up there's also no way. Did you forget to add one tile??
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

Nope. :)
As I say its quite difficult. Perhaps I´m going to patch that part again, but first I wanna see if there is someone who is able to figure it out.

EDIT: Wait, you are not even talking about the guard part!? Well, the start part is basically the same like before. ;)