Dusk:Mod

Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Dusk:Mod

Post by Hummel »

Hey guys,

I just finished my first complete PoP1 Mod:

Here you go: Dusk:Mod 1.0 Download (This is version 1.0, scroll down for 1.3, 1.2 and 1.1)

Dusk:Mod made by Hummel (with Roomshaker).

List of Levels:
PRISON(1/2) LEVEL - Lvl1
HIDDEN HALLS LEVEL - Lvl2
PRISON(2/2) LEVEL - Lvl3
MIRRORS [since v1.2: DOORS] LEVEL - Lvl4
TRICKY(1/3) LEVEL - Lvl5
FAT BOSS LEVEL - Lvl6
2PATHS LEVEL - Lvl7
MOUSE LEVEL - Lvl8
HIDDEN PATH LEVEL - Lvl9
TRICKY(2/3) LEVEL - Lvl10
TRICKY(3/3) LEVEL - Lvl11
TOWERS LEVEL - Lvl12
JAFFAR LEVEL - Lvl13
WISDOM LEVEL - Lvl14

Hints:
- It´s a difficult mod for experienced players but not that kind of unbeatable mod which makes no fun to play at all (or at least I hope so).
- In Level3 the button to open the exit is a drop button, don´t fear to get caught.
- Don´t forget: the mouse will save/help you in Lvl8.
- Don´t die in the last Level or the game will eventually reset. In other words: you have only one single chance to make the right decision here (just don´t do something stupid).
- Theoretically 60 minutes are enought time to play through, but only if you know everything and don´t die too much. So feel free to cheat you some extra time.
Search for Dusk:Mod on youtube and you´ll find a blind LP of the first Level by a German guy called Kyle.
Some Feedback would be nice. ;)

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

UPDATED VERSION 1.1:
Here you go: Dusk:Mod 1.1 Download (This is version 1.1, scroll down for 1.3 and 1.2)
VERSION 1.1 CHANGE NOTES:

- completely reworked Level6 + Level14
- modified room 19 + 20 in Level7 partially

UPDATED VERSION 1.2:
Here you go: Dusk:Mod 1.2 Download (This is version 1.2, scroll down for 1.3)
VERSION 1.2 CHANGE NOTES:

- reworked second half of Level3
- completely reworked Level4 (new name should be DOORS instead of MIRRORS now)
- placed the first guard in Level7 directly on the close button, so it´s not possible to pass the door anymore (use the way I intended for you to use! :P)
- reworked the guard part of Level8 plus additional small changes to other rooms (think about what you need the guard for before start fighting him)
- made some changes to a room in Level9 but for aesthetic reasons only
- reworked Level11
- reworked the shadow guy room in Level12 to make the shadow somewhat helpful (added a tricky to get life potion to the room; you need the shadow to solve this situation too)
- additional small changes to guard skills and colors (mainly to make the yellow one in Level4 unique)

UPDATED VERSION 1.3:
Here you go: Dusk:Mod 1.3 Download
VERSION 1.3 CHANGE NOTES:

- reworked Level8 again, no guard anymore. The level focuses now completely on puzzels (mainly tricky jumps).
- one or two minor changes/corrections in other levels

Have fun,
Hummel
Last edited by Hummel on July 28th, 2011, 3:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Dusk:Mod

Post by mk1995 »

*looks at screenshots* ... Can it be? You know how to make nice-looking Palace Levels!?

THIS. IS. SP-- AWESOME!

Too bad it's almost bedtime for me right now, but I WILL look at this mod, rest assured.

Lest I forget: Willkommen im Forum, Deutscher. :)
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

Making good looking palace levels is indeed a bit trickier. ;)
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

But the backround thing is sometimes really annoying.
You got a (in your opinion) great idea but then you recognize that it would brake the wall patterns if you do it this way. :(

Besides this, he probably referred to the fact that some people don´t care much about the overall look of their over the top extreme difficult levels; which gets even more noticeable in the palace sections (messed up patterns and such stuff). ;)
Last edited by Hummel on May 3rd, 2011, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Nice set, thank you.
Spent whole evening yesterday, made it in 45 minutes. Lot of time lost in the end of lvl 12a) Levels 12a and 9 well made and elegant.
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

45 minutes?! o_O° .. ...that´s pretty fast.
But nice to see that it is possible in time. ;)

Btw, 12a is my favorite level.
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

Nice, played 1 till 7 in parts, gonna start on 8 now.

Its hard, but not too hard ;)

I like it :D

P.S. Cant get trough level 6, passed the fat guard but what to do at shadow?
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

Just try to reach the door over him, then he will open the one you actually have to go through. The spikes tile at your feet is inactive. ;)
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

Ah, that made sense :P
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

Can't get past level 12, the tower one. Got me some tips?
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

At the start you must go to the right. Climp up the tower and jump to the left to the next one.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I finally gave this a try as promised. Passed Levels 1 and 2 without dying (surprise) each taking all of 5 minutes. Being able to redo a level infinitely makes me pretty reckless, though, so I was constantly dying at Level 3. Figured it out by now, though.

The mod itself is pretty well laid-out, the difficulty maybe matching my third one, though I've never been good at making hard mods.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

Well, I didn´t focus that much on making a hard mod, but more on one which would be fun to play. ;)
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

Hummel wrote:At the start you must go to the right. Climp up the tower and jump to the left to the next one.

Ye, i got there :P
I'll get you a screen where I'm stuck, just gimme some mins then ;)

Edit:
http://tinypic.com/r/wsk2hi/7

Like stuck here, cant jump there because the tile will fall..
What to do? :P
Hummel
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Hummel »

You went the wrong way, that is a dead end. You reach this platform from the other site.