Mirages Of Persia (NEW!)

Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Mirages Of Persia (NEW!)

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Kaslghnoon wrote:I completed levels 1-5, skipped 6, got half-way through 7 then skipped 7. I have spent over 4 hours total in attempt to figure out how to advance in the beginning of level 8, and no success. I gave up on this mod in awe of its difficulty. I doubt that anyone other than yourself has the gameplay skill to endure the complexity of the later levels.
It's nice to see that you completed at least 5 first levels. Congratulations, nice job! Level 6 is really tough and annoying, I'll make run on vid and u'll see how to complete it. The same is true for level 7, u can make it easily in severel minutes if you do not wish to make a trip for LP, it's really shortest level of the game=) Level 8 is kind of puzzle. In the beginning u should understand what does level title mean and remember speedrunnners trick in the first two screens of level 4 in original (J. Mechner) version, maybe, it will help=) If it's trouble, of course I'll record solution.
citlivabytost
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Mirages Of Persia - Walktrough

Post by citlivabytost »

Can you post here videos with walktrough of Mirages of Persia? It is very difficult.
Thank you very much.

Moved into the corresponding topic due to the unnecessity to make another one. -mk1995
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Mirages Of Persia - Walktrough

Post by Moscow Tracer »

citlivabytost wrote:Can you post here videos with walktrough of Mirages of Persia? It is very difficult.
Thank you very much.

Moved into the corresponding topic due to the unnecessity to make another one. -mk1995
Yes, I'll record it soon. But I'll be glad and happy if you complete at least several levels)
citlivabytost
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by citlivabytost »

How can I take the life potion in Level 1?
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

citlivabytost wrote:How can I take the life potion in Level 1?
Five minutes ago I recorded Level 1 solution and I'm not eager to record it again, sorry) LP obtaining I'll record later, I promise.

Here is Level 1 walkthrough, not fast in the end and no life potion obtaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raA2Clsif7E

Fixed the coding error in this post. You only need to put that into [youtube] tags that comes after the "watch?v=". -mk1995
citlivabytost
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by citlivabytost »

thank you very much
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Level 2 solution.

dspprince
Efendi
Efendi

Post by dspprince »

i just saw your level videos on youtube before i found this. XD
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Hi, guys!)

Nice to see the forum working! :)
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Hi Moscow Tracer,

Looking forward to more impressive speedrun videos of any mod from your youtube :)
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Coming soon.. :)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

The file is no exist.. :|
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Fortunately Norbert had his own links for these mods

http://popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000066
Bap
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Bap »

Hi MoscowTracer!

I've started playing this MOD a few days ago and so far... it's full of awesome! Level1's concept was ingenious (take it later ^^). Life potion puzzle on level 2 was hard and learnt me a new way to jump over loose tiles :)
But the reason why I'm registering on this forum today is not just to give good feedback. I'm experiencing problems obtaining life potion on level 3. Maybe you could give me a lead? In the room at the top right, there's a bunch of vertically stacked loose tiles and I can't find a way to use them to climb down without dying. I can't either enter the room on the right because of the chomper (well technically, the upper part of Prince's body can...). Moreover, while thinking of a solution, I realized that the LP is placed between a wall and a chomper. It seems hard to drink even if I manage to reach this location... My guess is there is a way to deactivate chompers... I've already spent hours trying to figure out the solution, in vain. I can carry on playing your great levelset without this LP but it will bug me for sure! If you're willing to give me a hand, I would be the happiest prince in the world. Truly.

Bap
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Bap wrote:Hi MoscowTracer!

I've started playing this MOD a few days ago and so far... it's full of awesome! Level1's concept was ingenious (take it later ^^). Life potion puzzle on level 2 was hard and learnt me a new way to jump over loose tiles :)
But the reason why I'm registering on this forum today is not just to give good feedback. I'm experiencing problems obtaining life potion on level 3. Maybe you could give me a lead? In the room at the top right, there's a bunch of vertically stacked loose tiles and I can't find a way to use them to climb down without dying. I can't either enter the room on the right because of the chomper (well technically, the upper part of Prince's body can...). Moreover, while thinking of a solution, I realized that the LP is placed between a wall and a chomper. It seems hard to drink even if I manage to reach this location... My guess is there is a way to deactivate chompers... I've already spent hours trying to figure out the solution, in vain. I can carry on playing your great levelset without this LP but it will bug me for sure! If you're willing to give me a hand, I would be the happiest prince in the world. Truly.

Bap
Sorry for delayed reply, I've read your message only today.

Thanks for warm words and nice to see when someone playing my crazy MOD :)

I uploaded level 3 solution with LP obtaining and you can see it, but if you want to discover solution by yourself, just read the NOTE in video description on Youtube, there are some hints.

NOTE2: If you die once before entering the room with helpful tiles, one tile (loose tile in room where you make long jump to closing gate in original version) wil disappear and you will not obtain the LP!

P.s. I'll be glad if Maurice help me to upload youtube video here, because youtube tag doesn't work properly.. or I have no idea how to use it. :roll:

It's actually really easy, though with that new address format (the youtu.be), it took even me some time to figure out. Just pick the share link, remove all of it except what comes after the slash (youtu.be/<thisiswhatyouneed>) and put the <thisiswhatyouneed> in [youtube] tags. Voilà. -mk1995