Level 11
[youtube]d16UnJzaalw&feature[/youtube]
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Mirages Of Persia (NEW!)

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Hi, guys!

I've slightly edited Mirages Of Persia. Some levels were changed - mostly for purpose to avoid annoying shortcuts on levels 1,2,6 and 12b (and probably 8 :D ). Hope you enjoy final version of this levelset (Norbert, I'll be very glad if you update this MOD in popot.org also)! Have fun!

Also, I'm planning finally release my 1st MOD (Phantom of Persia 2009), but there lots of things I shd change since game skills od PoP community improved and some tricks were discovered. And I hope to make new good MOD next year. I wish all of you good luck and happy New Year holidays! :)
Attachments
MIRAGES.rar
(320.75 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Every Player pass any mod in own way.is the reason that i think is necessary add close chompper or add block,only so,there one way

Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

SuavePrince wrote:Every Player pass any mod in own way.is the reason that i think is necessary add close chompper or add block,only so,there one way

I knew this shortcut and even recorded this way where it was discovered (not by me of course)).

So, I didn't change this place, because this trick for definetely expert players and I' haven't purpose to protect all levels from all shortcuts unless they are too easy.

I also wanted make it correctly for incompabilities, because when I had created that, I wanted people to add this to Total Pack also, but in TP MODs with chompers looks iincorrectly unless they are removed to main folder from custom. So I used classical MOD-creating patterns - no chompers on lvl 1-2, no "bottomless" levels, no loose tiles above pillars or chompers, etc, In my 1st MOD some patterns was broken, hope you will like that, although first half also too easy for you.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:update this MOD in popot.org also
I'll do that later today. I'll also update some mods that SuavePrince requested updates for.
SuavePrince wrote:necessary add close chompper or add block,only so,there one way
I think we should try to move away from the idea that mods should be re-edited forever until nobody can find any kind of shortcuts. It doesn't matter if there are shortcuts, some players will use them and some players won't. Nothing and nobody is perfect, and they don't have to be either. Don't be afraid to say 'this mod is truly finished' and then just let it go. Your mods are like your children, and what's happening is that every time you think they are ready to walk the world on their own you see their imperfection and you tell them to return to you for further molding.

On the day that I released Prince of Wateria, programmer found a shortcut for level 4. I didn't care and still don't. If anything, it's interesting to see what shortcuts players can find. If there are shortcuts it doesn't mean I need to re-edit my mods. There are various shortcuts in the original PoP1, but doesn't that only add to its charm. That you can get to know it like that, including its quirks.
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Norbert wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:update this MOD in popot.org also
I'll do that later today. I'll also update some mods that SuavePrince requested updates for.
SuavePrince wrote:necessary add close chompper or add block,only so,there one way
I think we should try to move away from the idea that mods should be re-edited forever until nobody can find any kind of shortcuts. It doesn't matter if there are shortcuts, some players will use them and some players won't. Nothing and nobody is perfect, and they don't have to be either. Don't be afraid to say 'this mod is truly finished' and then just let it go. Your mods are like your children, and what's happening is that every time you think they are ready to walk the world on their own you see their imperfection and you tell them to return to you for further molding.

On the day that I released Prince of Wateria, programmer found a shortcut for level 4. I didn't care and still don't. If anything, it's interesting to see what shortcuts players can find. If there are shortcuts it doesn't mean I need to re-edit my mods. There are various shortcuts in the original PoP1, but doesn't that only add to its charm. That you can get to know it like that, including its quirks.
Gold words! But sometimes shortcuts buries whole idea of the level like was on lvl 12b "Chessmasster" - the main idea was puzzle with Jaffar manipulation and now you can enjoy finally that without shortcuts (I hope :D )).

Also shortcuts are really annoying if they are do not allow to see the level idea at all, like here for example

And not many people knows that hanswurst fixed several levels to save idea. But I agree that we don't need change MODs every time new trick or short way was discovered. So now Mirages Of Persia truly finished (need some tests on level 8, I'm not sure in this, but I think it's ok even if short ways still possible - the main idea still in the beginning there, so I don't care))! :)
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

I think,is not necessary updated by a shorcut .but if my idea is take a specific way, is necessary create one way.for example when i make "Jaffar not forget"i create many trick,but nikolay(great player)He never did.i think he dont see.but he take other way,is ok,but that was not the idea,my trick was new,so,is necessary create only one way( I do my best effort for create new trick),any player can take your own way..in the mod impossible i see shorcut but dont take,other maybe dont see the trick...personally i updated my mods because have many mistake :lol: ,sometimes forget add tile or close gate .but now i learn dont chance to my mods..... level 11 hansw 7..i pass complete,but this time i thinked i dont care :D ok, i think i pass any mods :lol: :lol: :lol: is a joke :D
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

SuavePrince wrote:I think,is not necessary updated by a shorcut .but if my idea is take a specific way, is necessary create one way.for example when i make "Jaffar not forget"i create many trick,but nikolay(great player)He never did.i think he dont see.but he take other way,is ok,but that was not the idea,my trick was new,so,is necessary create only one way( I do my best effort for create new trick),any player can take your own way..in the mod impossible i see shorcut but dont take,other maybe dont see the trick...personally i updated my mods because have many mistake :lol: ,sometimes forget add tile or close gate .but now i learn dont chance to my mods..... level 11 hansw 7..i pass complete,but this time i thinked i dont care :D ok, i think i pass any mods :lol: :lol: :lol: is a joke :D
The problem is that your MODs comfortable playable only for 2 people - you and Nikolay :D

I never complete his "Impossible" and yours "Temple of terror" because I don't have enough skills for that, although about 5-7 yeats ago I was one of the best players like you and also discovered many tricks)
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Mirages of Persia is a fantastic mod,so hard,i pass some levels(dont try more)but there some mods dont necessary"very hard",such as secret of the citadel i dont think that somebody can pass this mod,nobody is born knowing,is necessary learn,if any player want learn should see video tutorials,nikolay,khushal,arm fly or me we upload video tutorials,im new in prince of persia mods,but i learn,moscow youre master proffesional player,but dont try mods hard,but now in 2015 you can try many mods hard,be interasting see mod hard videos play by you ..woowww be amazing,i know that you can pass mods hard,i think you can pass my mod Jaffar not Forget,so,now be dont only for 2 players,now be 3 players,4 with khushal(i know there more players,but dont upload videos)this my new plan,first:prince impossible,later:secret of citadel level 09,later mirages of persia 2015 :P
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

SuavePrince wrote:Mirages of Persia is a fantastic mod,so hard,i pass some levels(dont try more)but there some mods dont necessary"very hard",such as secret of the citadel i dont think that somebody can pass this mod,nobody is born knowing,is necessary learn,if any player want learn should see video tutorials,nikolay,khushal,arm fly or me we upload video tutorials,im new in prince of persia mods,but i learn,moscow youre master proffesional player,but dont try mods hard,but now in 2015 you can try many mods hard,be interasting see mod hard videos play by you ..woowww be amazing,i know that you can pass mods hard,i think you can pass my mod Jaffar not Forget,so,now be dont only for 2 players,now be 3 players,4 with khushal(i know there more players,but dont upload videos)this my new plan,first:prince impossible,later:secret of citadel level 09,later mirages of persia 2015 :P
Thanks for warm words, man) I'll try to play hard MODs.. after I learn lots new tricks I missed :)