Secrets of Dungeons

Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Secrets of Dungeons

Post by Dark77 »

Moscow Tracer, I thought earlier that maybe you just dropped lose floor in start room, but since you said that you reached to a nextlvldoor-button, I rejected this idea.

Sorry that I don't want to read all of your discussion with Kaslghnoon, so I ask - do you still have any problem with level 8 or not?
Dark77, this is a very enjoyable mod, well done man. Can't wait to meet Vordan
lol thanks, this is my first mod, i get never thought that i could get such praise :p
Enjoy next levels :)
kj-5349
Sultan
Sultan

Post by kj-5349 »

Hi Dark77, this is a very nice mod. It is not too difficult and its very interesting.

The trickiest part I encountered is the end of Level 8, which thanks to Kaslghnoon youtube walkthrough, I managed to solve it. But now I'm stuck in Level 11. Somehow there is a gate which cannot seem to open once you drop a tile and cause it to shut. And I cannot avoid letting the tile drop if I want to reach this room in the screenshot.
Screenshot: http://www.postimg.com/31000/photo-30812.jpg
By the way, do you have an English version to your intro story?
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MoonlightShadow »

In level 10, there are 2 Level-up doors. One automatically opens, but there's a gate without a button to open so I can't get to it. The other one has a button to open, but I think there's some error that even the sound of the opening door never stops and it doesn't go to level 11 even after the prince got into the door. No level-up sound too.

Anyone has the same prob?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:[...] opening door never stops and it doesn't go to level 11 even after the prince got into the door.
When that happens, press Ctrl-a to continue to the next level.
MoonlightShadow
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MoonlightShadow »

Norbert wrote:
MoonlightShadow wrote:[...] opening door never stops and it doesn't go to level 11 even after the prince got into the door.
When that happens, press Ctrl-a to continue to the next level.
I know that Ctrl+L (you mean L?), but if I do that I can't have the feeling of conquering the level!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

MoonlightShadow wrote:I know that Ctrl+L (you mean L?), but if I do that I can't have the feeling of conquering the level!
No, Ctrl+a. What you are thinking about is Shift+l.
Ctrl+a is available in level 10 when cheats are not enabled.
Normally it restarts levels, but it also allows you to continue when the level exit isn't working properly, so it's not (really) cheating.
By the way, I don't know what is causing the level exit problem, maybe someone else does.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote:By the way, I don't know what is causing the level exit problem, maybe someone else does.
If you open a level door, and then another, then the second level door will do this.
Also, if you open a level door, then you can enter any other level door, except where you started the level.
The game has a global variable that stores whether the level door on the current level has been opened. It is also used for things like: have you seen the shadow on level 6 yet. (Because the music is played only the first time.)
Simply put, the game is not prepared to handle multiple exit doors.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Well, I know I'm late to the party, but I decided to finish playing this mod. :)
Also wrote a short review here.
Dark77, take your time with Son of the Vizier; it's good that you plan to test everything, as you wrote in the chat.
(Not that Secrets of Dungeons wasn't tested properly or anything like that.)
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

Thanks for the review!
Hm, yes, I can pretty completely agree with you about it. Secrets of Dungeons was my first mod and it wasn't very good. I created it two years ago. Maybe it's not so long time, but I believe that The Son of the Vizier, as I'm a bit older (and smarter) now and I have more experience in making mods, will be much better than the debut one.
YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

quoteI cannot pass from the 6th level on 7, even died and did not find a way out.
Prompt, please.unquote

Everything found solutions! It is not necessary to jump to the double, and just to go down.