Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

New Mod: Into the Dungeons

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Here's the link to it:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/31/ ... ngeons.rar

Level 1: Top of the Palace
This level is probably the level I'm most proud of (so far). Though the beginning of the level may be the hardest part to figure out, I hope the photo gives you some ideas.

Level 2: Gate Haters: Part 4
This level may be the hardest level on this mod! Feel free to ask for help!

Level 3: Palace of the Undead
ImageImage
I FINALLY GOT THIS LEVEL TO WORK! After some major redesigning anyway...
Hint: The controls to get past the first puzzle: tap left, up, up, up, up. Then jump.

Level 4: Have I Been Here Before?
ImageImage
Yes, I modeled this level from the SNES Demo level, but I added more to it. Shown in the picture on the right, I've introduced a new trick (I've never seen anyone use it in their mod before). It involves executing a running jump and in the process, skipping a whole floor tile. I'd like you to figure it out on your own, but I'll be glad to explain it if you need it.
Hint: (unrelated to the running jump) Sometimes, close buttons are good for you...

Level 5: Impossible?
ImageImage
If you can't tell by playing the level, my brother made this one. You know what this means, it's incredibly difficult.
My Brother wrote:There are many choices, but only one way will lead you to the next level.
Hint: Don't be tempted by extra lives...

Level 6: Jaff-er-man Part 1
ImageImage
Yes, its a boss level. The level will limit the amount of lives you get to keep. Make sure you have gotten at least 4 life potions before this level. If you don't you'll die.
Hint: You wouldn't want you're shadow to fall into the spikes would you? Maybe you could slow down his decent...

Level 7: The Forgotten Wing
ImageImage
This level is a WHOLE lot simpler than any of the others. It takes minimal technique.
Hint: The green potions aren't there for nothing!

Level 8: GateWorld (Not to be confused with the old DOS game Gateworld)
ImageImage
Finally. Well, this level is pretty straight forward. The only problems are the gates, so don't get to worried because I made this level.
Hint: In the room of 4 drops: the hole to fall in looks different than any of the others.

Level 9: A Lesson in Prevention
ImageImage
A lot shorter than any other levels, it's kind of back to the basics except for onne little tricky trick at the beginning. Fortunately, the picture is your biggest hint.
Hint: Jump at the gate in the room to the left ofthe beginning and hold on, and the gate will open.

Level 10: Back to the Basics (Hard Stuff)
ImageImage
This level is actually pretty basic after you get past the beginning puzzle. That's the hardest part. Plus, I basically explained how to do the puzzle in the pictures. The numbers are for the order you need to do the stuff. Yeah, in the first one, I'm climbing up, so that's just all you should need to know...hopefully... OH YEAH! Notice EVERY DETAIL of those pictures. Really pay attention to how the floors are layed out, because much of this is loose floor and gate stuff.
Hint (that you don't need): The potion is easy to get if you go the "right" way.

I have tried to modify the princesses room (because jaffar trapped her in the dungeons) to dungeon. It took me about 5 hours only to find out that it didn't work. :( I don't know if it was PR, or what. I just hope someone would help me figure that out.

I don't HAVE to have it but I'd like some pointers on editing the title sequence. I copied most of the letters of lowercased prince of persia font, but I still have to get the Capital ones too.

Don't hesitate to ask me for help.
Last edited by Eagle-Head Priest 97 on May 27th, 2010, 8:56 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Re: New Mod: Into the Dungeons

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Can u upload level 1? I'd like to try it in Total Pack.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Well, the Prince.exe is edited from CusPOP so it's required (not REQUIRED but it'll be insanely hard) to play the game. I do have this uploaded somewhere so I'll put it up.
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

When the first level starts, I get "insufficient memory. press any key to return to DOS."
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Shucks, it's even glitchy on my computer sometimes. :cry:

It works fine on the computer I'm using right now.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Level 2 is out! :P
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Still the same issue here... it might help if you'd put up the whole thing instead of just the prince.exe and the levels.dat.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

I tried it :P By the way is it ok if I use your graphics in the photos? I like the cape :mrgreen:
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Sure, I'm glad you like them. It works now, btw.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Cool! I hope you like it! Speaking of which, I feel like playing my levels right now...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

"Gate Haters - Part 4"? So where are the other parts? In your other MODs?

Anyways, I played it a little and haven't even passed the first level. It was only thanks to Veke that I actually managed to solve the first puzzle. And the rest... Well, I'm not stuck, but I keep dying at the fricken obstacles that are solved easily...

It's MODs like that that make me notice how laughably easy and linear my levels are. They're even easier than Mechner's... :oops:
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

On my untitled mod I finished right before popuw went down, there was gate haters part 1, 2, and 3.
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Though I did not get very far (found the second big potion in level 1 but couldn't find a way out without dying) I can say that this level is cleverly designed, but very unforgiving. You could also work on those blue stripes on the walls to improve the visual look, if possible.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Veke wrote:You could also work on those blue stripes on the walls to improve the visual look, if possible.
Almost no one is able to get that right... *shakes head*
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

But I am one of the few, of course. :P