Your favourite PoP1 MOD?

mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Your favourite PoP1 MOD?

Post by mk1995 »

As you may know, there are many modifications for this classic of 1990 already. They've been created since 1994, and they're created even today (see mickey96, the MOD-making machine, as I call him - no offense intended). Since there are well over 60 MODs or so, it's impossible to make a poll for them, because a poll only allows up to 8 options, which sucks. Balls. :|

So... Is there a MOD that you enjoyed playing? And could you possibly even tell us a MOD that you hated to play (despite it not being stated in the topic subject)? And if you do... Give a reason why.

So I'll start: A MOD I enjoyed playing was "Repetition of Time" by KingOfPersia. It was hard as hell, and yet it was somewhat enjoyable.

A MOD I hated was "Arabian Nightmares" by Gustavo Pamplona (known as "Butcher" at PoPUW). He did his best to make it hard and unenjoyable - well, maybe he didn't really intend in doing the latter, but by doing the former, he did. Is there someone out there who passed the first level of this MOD without having to cheat?

So, what about you?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
samurai_01
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Your favourite PoP1 MOD?

Post by samurai_01 »

well i loved the TOURNAMENT mod by starwindz...... it gave an oppurtunity to take all the different types of guards head to head without solving any puzzle........ a different mod from from rest because more or less all the mods are based on the same and simple fact... cross the dungeon puzzle and free the princes... this one is VERY different than all others...
Recommended for those who want the Prince doing something new
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

I'll have to agree with Maurice about Repetition of Time. It has some very interesting hex-editing, (the huge potion of level 12 being my favorite, and which I haven't still figured out). The level design and the tricks are imaginative as well. I don't finish many mods and neither did I finish this, but this is my definite favorite.

As for least favorite... I'm not naming any mod, but I hate it when people make it possible to "safely" enter a screen where no room exists, causing instant death.
samurai_01 wrote:well i loved the TOURNAMENT mod by starwindz......
The Tournament mod is made by programmer, not starwindz. However starwindz has made "Random Tournament" a mod with randomly generated rooms. Perhaps you were just confused with that?
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

It's difficult choice.
Almost each MOD contains two or three really interesting levels, and almost each of that levels consists of two or three awesome locations with beautiful and smart ideas.
"Repetition of Time" - one of the best, of course. I mostly like levels 4 and 5 there - great mirrors manipulations and awesome reverse-linked kind of puzzle.
I really love hanswurst MODs. They are ideal for PoP experts who don't want just clicking buttons but think a little bit) Especially I like last one ("Anything is possible"), with lots of tricks knowledge and game nuances. I'm recording speedruns on his MODs now and I'm really enjoying it.
I also like Hobbit MOD (2004), it's quite difficult and interesting to play.
mk1995 MODs - very good. Not really hard for expert players but interesting to play also.
Veke MODs also very nice.
Other MODs I don't play too much and many MODs from Total Pack I haven't complete yet.
And I'm really proud of levels 8 and 12 of my 1st MOD ("Phantom of Persia") and levels 1, 9 and 11 of my 2nd MOD ("Mirages of Persia") I hope u'll like them too when I release my MODs here soon (I can't without some of PR.. lol :D ).
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Um... Just wanting to point out that this thread is still in existence.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Just wanting to point out that my opinion stays
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

Well, yeah Repitition of Time is awesome. I like Hanswurtz's too. I just haven't played many mods for a while!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

i cant choose
your mod an hour in the pirson
~OR~
Veke Kid of persia
AuraDragon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by AuraDragon »

I haven't played enough levelsets to know of a favorite. >_<
I post on the forum at weird times of the day
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:And I'm really proud of levels 8 and 12 of my 1st MOD ("Phantom of Persia") and levels 1, 9 and 11 of my 2nd MOD ("Mirages of Persia") I hope u'll like them too when I release my MODs here soon (I can't without some of PR.. lol :D ).
Moscow Tracer, what happened to Phantom of Persia, did you ever release it?
If you haven't yet, will you be releasing it in the near future?
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

I've released this MOD as I remember. Later I discovered some incompabilites and errors on some levels, probably I fix them and re-upload this levelset again.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I've released this MOD as I remember. Later I discovered some incompabilites and errors on some levels, probably I fix them and re-upload this levelset again.
It's good to read that you still have it, because I don't think it's available anywhere (anymore).
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Norbert wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:I've released this MOD as I remember. Later I discovered some incompabilites and errors on some levels, probably I fix them and re-upload this levelset again.
It's good to read that you still have it, because I don't think it's available anywhere (anymore).
Hey there! Many times passed but my1st MOD still with me, and I'm planning finally release that with bugs fix. Also I'm planning a little change lvls 2,6,8 and 12b in Mirages of Persia, to avoid shortcuts other player discovered:) And I'm planning to create new MOD next year) It will be not contain insane difficult tricks, bottomless levels, chompers with loose tiles on that etc... but it will be like a puzzle in tradition of the best hanswurst MODs.

As I see, PoP skills of some players grew up very much, some new tricks were discovered but I hope my MODs will be still interesting for playing even for experts :)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

if you want create map like profi, look this tutorial :) Look every and you will find many news info ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... oemtl0WDHF
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

yaqxsw wrote:if you want create map like profi, look this tutorial :) Look every and you will find many news info ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... oemtl0WDHF
I used Apoplexy already. What differences in new version? Can I make reverse-linked rooms now? (like lvl 5 of Repetition of Time)