Mirages Of Persia (NEW!)

Bap
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Mirages Of Persia (NEW!)

Post by Bap »

Moscow Tracer wrote: I uploaded level 3 solution with LP obtaining and you can see it, but if you want to discover solution by yourself, just read the NOTE in video description on Youtube, there are some hints.
Wow I've never expected so much help, thanks! It was really a tricky potion puzzle... You designed useless tiles and useless rooms on purpose :) I would have preferred to solve it on my own, but I was running out of patience... shame shame...
By the way, I've discovered great shortcuts in levels 1 & 2, nice eh:

... and a way to loose only 2 life points to get life potion on level 3:

Now I'm really excited about next levels!! I'll post on this thread if anything interesting happens during my "Mirages" journey :)
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Man, I was really impressed watching your videos. You're really awesome player, and your movement skills are nearly perfect, probably you're one of the top players among all, in my humble opinion.
I didn't know about shortcut on level one, but Kaslghnoon already made speedrun of this level without taking sword. Here is my video where I represented his idea and copied his run:

I've planned to upload speedruns later, so I ask you not share shortcuts or solutions too quick (link in private message is enough), I promise that I'll upload all videos (and maybe even make speedrun competition :) ) Anyway, your shortcut is also very imressive and elegant, I'll represent it for myself and for my soul, thank you.

I discovered shortcut on level 2 recently, nice that you find it fastly.

And of course, I'm glad that you can take potion on level 3, losing only 2 HP, I didn't know that is possible!

Further levels much harder, and obtaning LP on level 4 is very difficult too. I'm not sure that LP on level 6 possible for obtaining (it depends on number of fat guys HP, in Total pack they have 4HP and I make it easy.. probably on this level I need to correct guards HP and discrease them to 4). Also I've never completed level 10 with LP obtaining..((.. but I suppose is possible.. if you have hours of free time and lot of patience :) ) So I need to learn and improve my skills too.. The rest parts of MOD are ok and pretty awesome) Enjoy)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

can you say, how to pass level 8? On begining all door are closed, Soldier is not a answer, plate too.. no raise to see.. :?:
i had pass level 5 and 6, 7 is bit hard..
Bap
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Bap »

Moscow Tracer wrote:I've planned to upload speedruns later, so I ask you not share shortcuts or solutions too quick (link in private message is enough), I promise that I'll upload all videos (and maybe even make speedrun competition :) )
Thanks a LOT for your feedback and your advices!
Your shortcut on level 1 is great! I know this trick thanks to speedrunners' work on the original PoP game... but this is a hard one. I've never been able to master it :/
I'd really like to see your speedrun and in the meantime, I won't upload any video of further levels, don't worry ;)
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

yaqxsw wrote:can you say, how to pass level 8? On begining all door are closed, Soldier is not a answer, plate too.. no raise to see.. :?:
i had pass level 5 and 6, 7 is bit hard..
To pass through first rooms on level 8 you need to manupulate your "little servants" - orange guard and mouse. Think how you can do it..

P.s. If no idea - look at the beginning of 4th level of original version speedrun (by Master Viking for example) and use the trick from two starting rooms;)
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Bap wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:I've planned to upload speedruns later, so I ask you not share shortcuts or solutions too quick (link in private message is enough), I promise that I'll upload all videos (and maybe even make speedrun competition :) )
Thanks a LOT for your feedback and your advices!
Your shortcut on level 1 is great! I know this trick thanks to speedrunners' work on the original PoP game... but this is a hard one. I've never been able to master it :/
I'd really like to see your speedrun and in the meantime, I won't upload any video of further levels, don't worry ;)
Man, I'd be happy if you upload more videos, just give me links in private message, when it happens)
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Moscow Tracer wrote:orange guard and mouse. Think how you can do it..
ahh!.. ok, how to call mouse? i never used it.. classic level 8 i had used without mouse
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

yaqxsw wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:orange guard and mouse. Think how you can do it..
ahh!.. ok, how to call mouse? i never used it.. classic level 8 i had used without mouse
Mouse comes when you raise the final door button.

In the same time, I stuck in the beginning of level 11 of your levelset, blue guy on the right room kills me every f*cking time in any point of platform where I'm landing after jumps. I want to discover the right decision by myself but can you give a little clue?..
Last edited by Moscow Tracer on July 12th, 2012, 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Moscow Tracer wrote:P.s. If no idea - look at the beginning of 4th level of original version speedrun (by Master Viking for example) and use the trick from two starting rooms;)
Level 4 i had found this bug. first you must jump to door, plate fall, i fall too, and i behind this door. But i reach 50% level, i stopping with more mirrors.. i don't know, which way i must go
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

yaqxsw wrote:
Moscow Tracer wrote:P.s. If no idea - look at the beginning of 4th level of original version speedrun (by Master Viking for example) and use the trick from two starting rooms;)
Level 4 i had found this bug. first you must jump to door, plate fall, i fall too, and i behind this door. But i reach 50% level, i stopping with more mirrors.. i don't know, which way i must go
No, you mixed up two different tricks. I meant level 4 of original (Jordan Mechner) speedrun, where you by some movements attract the guard to raise necessary button.

On level 4 of my MOD is only one way leads to next level, just try to find out how to overcome mirrors accordingly.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

ok, i try find answer in level 8. wth trick in classic level 4.
Today i had finished my MOD (extrem 2) level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. and i found superbugs!! :lol:
Moscow Tracer
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Moscow Tracer »

Level 4 (no LP obtaining)

yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Level 5 - 3:09 minutes, but i can 5 second faster... :roll:
[youtube]BONkZfH8e8Y&feature[/youtube]
Last edited by yaqxsw on July 23rd, 2012, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yaqxsw
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by yaqxsw »

Level 9 witch getting LP and music :P

Vote LIKE! :lol:
Last edited by yaqxsw on July 23rd, 2012, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

yaqxsw wrote:Level 9 witch getting LP and music :P
Man, that's another very difficult level to finish in one go.
I haven't tried it myself yet, but I bet the chompers would totally kill me.
Nice playing.