Demo by Suave Prince

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: Demo by Suave Prince

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Now it looks totally impossible... How can we press Level 12: Event 4? It's in the room 24 and we can't go back up if we come down, I think you made some mistake?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:02 am Now it looks totally impossible... How can we press Level 12: Event 4? It's in the room 24 and we can't go back up if we come down, I think you made some mistake?
No my good friend..its perfect,no tricks,but you need thinks...welcome to the world of pro players
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

SuavePrince wrote: September 6th, 2020, 6:10 pm No my good friend..its perfect,no tricks,but you need thinks...welcome to the world of pro players
Ohk, I'll try again whenever I get time, and thanks for thinking that I am becoming pro :)

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Done! Nice idea of killing enemy on the falling tile so it presses the raise button. I also liked that you used the "merging with shadow button press" glitch. Nice! :)

Waiting for Level 13 and Level 14 ;)

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 9:04 am Done! Nice idea of killing enemy on the falling tile so it presses the raise button. I also liked that you used the "merging with shadow button press" glitch. Nice! :)

Waiting for Level 13 and Level 14 ;)
You take a shorcut,1;52 minute,this shadow,you cant fight with this shadow,so,you cant kill over raise,because forget add a raise..but its ok,is a demo
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

SuavePrince wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:03 pm You take a shorcut,1;52 minute,this shadow,you cant fight with this shadow,so,you cant kill over raise,because forget add a raise..but its ok,is a demo
Oh, ok... Maybe you can fix it next time... When are next levels? Level 13 & 14?

SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 7:45 am
SuavePrince wrote: September 7th, 2020, 11:03 pm You take a shorcut,1;52 minute,this shadow,you cant fight with this shadow,so,you cant kill over raise,because forget add a raise..but its ok,is a demo
Oh, ok... Maybe you can fix it next time... When are next levels? Level 13 & 14?
Today,because finished level 13, level 14 want make short level...but need try again level 12..if you are pro,can beat level 12..
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

SuavePrince wrote: September 8th, 2020, 4:36 pm if you are pro,can beat level 12..
You can modify the level and I can try again. but as of now I think complete solution is okay...

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

YURA wrote: August 17th, 2020, 2:54 pm
I am still not able to do 0:55 minute trick... Please help... I tried pressing left at different timings, it just doesn't work... Is it the overall trick or just related to broken room link?
Norbert, were you able to replicate it?

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 5th, 2020, 8:39 amNorbert, were you able to replicate it?
I'm not even going to try. :lol: One of the craziest. An extreme version of 48.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: October 5th, 2020, 9:16 am
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: October 5th, 2020, 8:39 amNorbert, were you able to replicate it?
Haha! :lol:

I know, but it's nice one, maybe players can try it at other places, was just curious!

By the way, is there any rank after 5K+ posts? You are going to hit that one soon :)

atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

YURA wrote: July 21st, 2020, 12:40 am Yes, really in DOSBox-it turned out!!!
Norbert wrote: July 18th, 2020, 11:05 am It should also be possible with SDLPoP.
If not, then SDLPoP likely contains a bug.
I tried today and luckily I could do all the jumps perfectly and yes, DOSBox works and SDLPoP doesn't. SDLPoP contains a bug! :P
It only works in DOSBox and only with broken room links, so not a trick in general. It works only if the left gate room doesn't logically link back.

YURA
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by YURA »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 11:54 am
Norbert wrote: July 18th, 2020, 11:05 am It should also be possible with SDLPoP.
I tried today and luckily I could do all the jumps perfectly and yes, DOSBox works and SDLPoP doesn't. SDLPoP contains a bug! :P
It only works in DOSBox and only with broken room links, so not a trick in general. It works only if the left gate room doesn't logically link back.
Is there a video?
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 11:54 am

[...]

Regarding your PM, I haven't seen your post because I generally don't follow threads about mods which I haven't played (which is basically all mods nowadays).
When reporting SDLPoP bugs, please post them in the SDLPoP section of the forum, and please explicitly tell what doesn't work in SDLPoP.
(I ended up recreating what happens the 0:05-0:19 part from the video, and then I realized that you mean what's after that part. I should really read things more carefully...)

For the record, what you write can be seen in this video, at 0:23.
And also in this video, at 0:55.

The glitch might be prevented by this change: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/commit/ ... d69a994f8b
I will look into it.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

David wrote: February 20th, 2021, 6:00 pm When reporting SDLPoP bugs, please post them in the SDLPoP section of the forum, and please explicitly tell what doesn't work in SDLPoP.
I did have posted some issue(s) in the past in that section and didn't received any replies, and as this is a major bug, I thought it might be best just to PM you (and others that can and might want to help). Do you still want me to create a topic? Or maybe, better, you could create it, once a fix is found?
David wrote: February 20th, 2021, 6:00 pm The glitch might be prevented by this change: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/commit/ ... d69a994f8b
Interesting. So if you rollback that change, it works? By just reading the code, I am not understanding why it might stop the default behaviour.
David wrote: February 20th, 2021, 6:00 pm I will look into it.
Appreciate it. Thank you so much! :)