Comming up with two new mods for PoP 2

zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Comming up with two new mods for PoP 2

Post by zethholyblade »

:mrgreen: Hey all, it's been a while. I'm currently about to finish a new large mod and a small one.

---

The large one is going to be called the "Parkour Mod".

Gonna be faster paced than than the Hardcore mod with multiple-pathways available in most levels to increase replayability, allowing those who like speed-running create their own unique playthroughs (While still enjoying combat from time to time).

---

The small one is going to be called the "Trick-nasium"

I must say when I was making the previous mod I learned a lot of new and amazing things you can do to create much more architecturally challenging levels, This mod is gonna be a very quick and easy to play one, where you will learn all sorts of tricks for PoP2 (including one which is perhaps the clossest thing to "wall-hopping").

---

The Parkour Mod is almost done (ver 0.8), up to the 3rd level of the Temple is ready.

The Tricknasium Mod is still half-way done.

I would like you guys to try the Parkour mod out and tell me what you think. Tell me which bugs can you find so that I can work on them before comming up with version 1.0.

A few things to consider:

- Each level can be done fairly quickly (3-5 mins), although the harder ones may require more time.

- I believe this mod will be more difficult than the Hardcore Mod, even though it has less combat in it, traps and puzzles are gonna be more challenging.

- There are Life potions on each level, some of these even possess up to 3-5 of those, but are mostly optional (they deviate from the main path)

- If you make it past to the 2nd level of the Ruins with about 9 health bars I'll be most happy xD.

---

BTW: I know the tricknasium should come first, yeah, but I started working on it too late.

Please share your thoughts :D
Attachments
PRINCE.DAT
(379.59 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Re: Comming up with two new mods for PoP 2

Post by zethholyblade »

Here are three samples of the first levels of the Parkour mod.
They were recorded and edited back when the mod was around version 0.50, so you may see there are still some laggy or geometrical errors at a few areas.

Caves 1 - Path A

Caves 1 - Path B

Caves 2 + Right Life Potion
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Nice,maybe later i upload some walktrough,cuando tenga tiempo subire algunos videos,tus modos en POP2 son interesantes ;)
zethholyblade
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by zethholyblade »

SuavePrince wrote:Nice,maybe later i upload some walktrough,cuando tenga tiempo subire algunos videos,tus modos en POP2 son interesantes ;)
Gracias :mrgreen: Por favor no te olvides de notificar si encuentras algun bug (yo encontre algunos y tuve que hacer algunos cambios :cry:

---

Anyone finding any bugs so far let me know, thank you :| I already had to change a few things..