Alpha Testers

A PoP1 level editor that's no longer under active development.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Page Up/Down

Post by Guest »

I have some difficulties with the chopper.
Every time, when I set one, save the level and test it, the sreen shows many different pixels, when there should be a chopper.

And by the way, I am only able to open the first level with Page up, and nothing more. The levels also seems to be only editable in parts.

Jackson
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Hi Jackson, I think you are using PV2.5, you may change levels in PV2.5 with the numbers 1 and 2. The chopper can't be setted on level 1, 2 or 12 (memory problem).

Post by Guest »

Hello Poirot,

I am using PV3! Perhaps it's an older version that I use. I going to download PV3 again and I'll see, if the problem disappears.
I'll inform you, if the problem further exists.

Jackson
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

The parts you are describing as editable are the game screens, the other screens (normaly filled with walls) are non-editable unless you set the screen as editable (this option is programed but not included in the editor)

Post by Guest »

will you include the option to set the screen as editable in the editor? The editor itself is realy good and it will be perfect, when the user is able to built an complete level by it's own.

By the way, the chopper works fine after the third level.

The following functions of the editor does not work:
Map Tools: Guard
Background: all except torch and column
Arch: up part big
Panel: The door opener doesn't correspond with any door.

If you need someone to translate the editor into german language, let me know.

Jackson
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Hi Jackson,

[quote]will you include the option to set the screen as editable in the editor?[/quote]

Yes, it will be included as soon as we could code it. Remember this is an alpha version.

Do you have any mail, icq number, msnm, aolm or yahoo messenger to contact? (my mail is princedv3 at princed.com.ar and my info is in the profile button)

It would be great if you finnish the german translation of PV2.5 that is unfinished.
Thraka
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Thraka »

poirot
I've been very very sick. But I'm getting better now. I should be able to do some more testing. How is Alpha 8 comming along?
ChrML
Efendi
Efendi

Post by ChrML »

What's going to be done in Alpha 8? And when is it finished?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Moogi the main PV3 coder is very bussy so I couldn't contact him. :( He has the latest version so I can't go un with my part of the coding untill he send me the last version. I'll keep on trying to concat him.

Anyways, the PG and PS projects have been going very well this days. I've been working a lot in the bitmap extraction.
Eero
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Eero »

One more thing. Sometimes you can't save the level at all. Until this is fixed, when you can't save, open another windows of Princed and go back to the first one. Works like magic: you can save again...
Also, I could translate Princed 3 to Estonian when it's ready... 2.5 translation has many grammatical errors.
Also I could help you out in something...:)

[Editado el 31/5/2003 por Eero]
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Cool, every kind of help is welcome :) Do you know about programming, designing, etc etc?
By the way, you are very good at beta testing.

It is good to know about this solution, I'll try it out!
Eero
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Eero »

Well, in what language you program Princed? Then about design, I mostly design GUIs and levels, web design is a bit hard to me, although I know HTML, CSS, PHP and Java pretty well...

Then about betatesting: I actually tried to make my own levels instead of just trying out features... Currently it's impossible because: you can't place guards (or delete existing guards), you can't choose the type of potion (or can you?), you can't choose which doors open or close when you push to a panel, then you can't place starting places/doors and finish doors, and finally setting screens as editable.

About my solution, when save button is disabled, you can save your level from File menu, and in this case, the levels couldn't be loaded in PoP... Opening another window enables the button.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Using the program and making levels is the best way to beta test the program.

PV2.5 and lower was made in Turbo Pascal 7.0. PV3 versions were made in MSVC++ 6. Maps handling library was translated from Pascal to Ansi C and the to C++ to be included as a class in PV3. PG was completely made in Ansi C and it will be translated into a C++ class as soon as it is finished and tested. PS extractor will be made in Delphi and then we'll use the code to make an Ansi C library and then a C++ Class to be included in PV4 kit.

I must apologize because I gone from my computer when we were talking on msn, I had to go to very fast.
Eero
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Eero »

Yeah! I hope next version will solve problems mentioned above...
I could help in programming (except Ansi C part), but not before 24th.
[quote]I must apologize because I gone from my computer when we were talking on msn, I had to go to very fast.[/quote]
That's ok, we can talk later...:)

[Editado el 29/6/2003 por Eero]