What do you run Prince(ed) under?

A PoP1 level editor that's no longer under active development.
freddytheking
Efendi
Efendi

What do you run Prince(ed) under?

Post by freddytheking »

What os do you guys run prince of persia under? I'm using XP but it kind of sucks. I'm going to install bootmagic and make a pure dos 6.2 section and boot into that when I want to play my old games. Is princeed 32-bit and not allowed to run under dos or is it 16-bit?

Post by Guest »

Princed V2.5 was made in Pascal and is a pure DOS version :( but when Princev V3 is finnished you'll have a completely pop1 editor for windows 95/98/NT/2k/ME/XP!!! We only have to wait.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Anonymus was right. PV2.5 is allowed to run under DOS without windows. However PV3 doesn't.

Post by Guest »

Did I hear right, or is this program compiled in pascal? I know pascal in and out, so I can help a bit with the coding. My e-mail address is glundh@broadpark.com

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I'm the guy that posted over. My email address is not glundh@broadpark.com. It is glundh@broadpark.no
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

PV2.5 was made in pascal, but now, we are working in PV3 in MSVC++. I'll contact you, we are looking for any help :) maybe you can continue PV2.x versions.

Post by Guest »

I just saw your V3 screens, and how good it is designed, so forget what I said a about programming :D;
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

DOS Version 2.5 may grow up too, why not?
would you like to translate it to norwegian?
ChrML
Efendi
Efendi

Post by ChrML »

I think v3.0 is the best. No-one runs dos anymore, so why bother making a newer version of 2 when 3 runs a lot better, and more userfriendly?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Ohh version V2.5 is only for people who have to restart the PC in DOS mode to run Prince of Persia, so they can retouch the PV3-made level in dos mode without having to restart the PC again. Anyways, PV3 is the best :)

And remember, PV4 edition kit will edit graphics too (but this will come later), PG Project is 55% finnished. Jan figured out some compression algorithms in the images format, and at the moment we have an exporting tool to extract some known graphics from the game.

Ohh, check out the screenshots, I'll submit another one in the palace enviornment mode!