Help with PRINCED?

A PoP1 level editor that's no longer under active development.
freddytheking
Efendi
Efendi

Help with PRINCED?

Post by freddytheking »

I can't figure out how to do anything in the game, primarily because i can't read the language and can only read english :) You guys are to smart for me, any "change to english" key or something in the program?

PRINCED IS THE BEST!!!
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Princed V2.5 is very complicated, isn't it? We are finishing the PV2.5 items translation, check our site un a few days, and you'll get it :) In a future, we are going to release Princed V3 in several languages.

Post by Guest »

Most people know english, so why use time to make it in a lot of languages?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

It's not a waste of time, if the program was made using constants, you only have to change the language strings from a language to another and it's done.
Thraka
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Thraka »

[quote]It's not a waste of time, if the program was made using constants, you only have to change the language strings from a language to another and it's done. [/quote]

Nice thinking :)

It doesn't look to hard to figure out, just going to take sometime to get familiar. But without being able to read anything, it's hard to even get started :)

Post by Guest »

If you want to, I can translate it into Dutch, if you give me a reasonably legible version in English. I can understand a bit of your language, but not all. What is it anyways? Spanish? ;-)

Please mail me, my address is in the forum, and I have just mailed you.

Post by Guest »

Sorry, I really cannot figure out how to login... Just visit my website at [url]www.phys.uu.nl/~dijkema[/url]
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Thraka: Princed V2.5 is now released! download it! noe it's all in English!!

Jan: Go to http://www.cnu.net.ar/modules.php?name= ... p=new_user to get your account, or to http://www.cnu.net.ar to change the language to Dutch or English.

Post by Guest »

[quote]It's not a waste of time, if the program was made using constants, you only have to change the language strings from a language to another and it's done. [/quote]
How to use the program?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Maybe some day I'll write a tutorial about PV2.5, but we are really setting all our efforts into PV3, so it'll have a help in the CHM format made by Rob and Jan. So, we only have to wait.
ChrML
Efendi
Efendi

Post by ChrML »

Princed 2.5 is really easy to use, and V3 comes very soon (which is easy as a dream), so don't bother.

Why not get V3 compile the levels.dat from the bottom? Without templates, and stuff like that. We do know all about it, so why not?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

The map edition class is only able to open and edit a .dat file, it wasn't made for the purpose of creating a new levels.dat. There are lots of values (like checksums and other stuff) that are in levels.dat which must not be changed, so it is easier to start with a template .dat with all of this values in the correct way.
Thraka
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Thraka »

I can see how that would be a problem. I would suggest a single edit mode then where you can make and save a level as a PRINCED level format. Then when you load levels.dat you can import/export levels
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

that was done, ped files are saved games in princed format.