New RoomShaker Homepage Address

Modern Prince of Persia 1 and 2 level editors for Windows.
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

Re: New RoomShaker Homepage Address

Post by Brendon James »

Hi, the new RoomShaker website location is:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/bsnjames/roomshaker/

You can also get the newest one, Version 1.79 which should fix the Vista woes.

- Brendon
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Hey, Mr. James... ;-)

Would you like to know what would be very useful for the Prince of Persia community?

It would be you release the source code of both Level Editors (for POP 1 and 2) like I did with my Custom Pop Executable 2.0 and PR-Executor 2.0... both available at Butchered's website.

I think I know how do you feel about releasing the source code of the programs... it's something like: "What? I worked very harder to develop these tools and they want me to release the source code???"

Well.. I had the same feeling about releasing the Cuspop source code... that program I spent about one month developing it back in 2007 when I was a member of old POPUW.COM, after that I returned at July of 2009 to Princed.org... and I decided to release everything.

About one month ago I finished both, in case of CusPop now it generates packed executables and you can load a "prince.exe" and it will try to check the file and see the modified attributes.

And about the PR-Executor, formerly known as PR-Front End as it is not just a front-end for the PR.EXE anymore as now it works with the PR.DLL, (the unofficial PR.1.2 fix available at David's website) compiled by me using MinGW,

Well... I worked in a tool called "Easy Events Assigner" a couple of weeks ago.... That's because I don't like so much the way as the events are assigned in RoomShaker... That's because my mind forgets numbers so easily specially when "coding" rooms of gates/buttons and in RoomShaker you need to remind the numbers everytime.

I wouldn't have worked it if I had access to the RoomShaker's source code. By the way... I had stolen your tile graphics... I'm sorry. They are just a 2x zoomed size of them.

Basically all you need to do is just select with the mouse the gate and the button and add them to the event's list. (clicking on "+" button)

Probably I will change the interface... I don't know... I still dislike the way I placed some buttons there. It's a programmer's thing... I'm a bit perfectionist... and the program needs to be perfect. LOL :-D

I'm not wanting soooooo much to release it because I'm not wanting to provide any support but I will release it as soon as possible. ;-)
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Brendon James »

Look Butcher, I'm not releasing the code to you, you don't need it to create your projects.

If you don't like the events assignment in RS you were able to create something that worked for you and thats good. You did not need the RS source either.

I understand your frustration but both RS1 and RS2 are too close to my heart to just give everyoune the core of them to botch-up and then call it RoomShaker (i'm sorry but it's not going to happen) and you're not going to convince me otherwise, so you're wasting your time.

You can quote all this stuff about how releasing source it the best thing ever but I'm simply not listening.

-Brendon.

PS, I'm not wasting any more time on this subject either.
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

To Brendon:

I don't know if you noticed but this post is very old, check its date: "April 8th, 2010, 3:29 pm", about 2 months... when I started developing Easy Events Assigner.

Well, look at starwindz's POP Total Pack for example... it is a great launcher, in fact one of the best game launcher's I had seen in my life.

When I was a member of the old POPUW I often helped starwindz with some Delphi routines as he programmed that launcher using that language like my applications.

I always asked that man for the source code of the launcher and how he made that installer and look what happened. That launcher nowadays is pretty useless, we can't add more mods in it and we can't even create another Installer.

Well.. I never saw a cloned version of my applications... but even if I saw one of them I think I would be proud. ;-)

Let's suppose you lose the source code of your RoomShaker's due a virus or corrupted data due a hard disk failure, I think it is always good to keep a copy with someone else in case of such things happen. You never know the day of tomorrow.

'poirot' once asked me to release the source code of my applications with the GPL license like he did with his applications, I didn't want to include the GPL license because they are only Windows applications.

Well, I once compiled CusPop using FreePascal/Lazarus (Delphi Clone) on my Slackware Linux I have installed here and it worked perfectly. In fact I'm intending to do that someday.

Just a reminder: "Knowledge is nothing without sharing it!"

Don't worry, I will not ask for your source code anymore, so just relax... :razz:
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Butcher wrote:Let's suppose you lose the source code of your RoomShaker's due a virus or corrupted data due a hard disk failure, I think it is always good to keep a copy with someone else in case of such things happen. You never know the day of tomorrow.
It seems like you never heard the verb "to back up". Brendon could always put the source code on a USB Stick, external hard drive, or other means of saving. Seriously, man... Why are you still wasting your time? He's not going to give you the source code! And besides... What's the point in creating a sole executable that does what RoomShaker can do, too?
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

A fire or even a big explosion could occur someday in his house destroying everything including the back-up's. :lol:
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Oh man... You want that source code as bad as you wanted the moderator status back then at PoPUW. And the likeliness of you getting that source code is the same as the likeliness was for you to be added to PoPUW's moderator staff - equal to zero. Besides, the way you behave, you're probably the last person Brendon would entrust RoomShaker's source code to. In my opinion, if external meanings of saving fail, then he should give it to someone who's not a developer and thus doesn't know what to do with it.

Also, you got crazy ideas.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Do you still think I will accept offenses of you, mk1995?

I'm not a troubled 15 year old like you. I have almost the double of your age. I just think you need to grow up and act like a teenager as adult you aren't yet.

Even when I try to reply you nicely like I did when you asked about the ASCII level editor, you don't forget that "moderator" thing. Probably you don't know the meaning of the word "altruism".

Since when I'm wanting to have the RoomShaker source code? It's for the POP community... Like Brendon said... I don't need it... I could clone RS if I wanted to.

Some people are so selfish, other ones just envy my applications as they aren't capable of produce a single one and I still have to deal with this troubled dude.

It's really impossible to stay here for long time, anyway I will be offline for the next 2 months, 4 months, probably forever... Like I did before April. The last time I was here before that was Sep/2009.

But while Princed still exists I will keep my website too, at least I always had the "blessing" of poirot.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Butcher wrote:I'm not a troubled 15 year old like you.
It appears you fail at months and maths...
Butcher wrote:I have almost the double of your age.
Seriously, man... What kind of English is that?
Butcher wrote:I just think you need to grow up and act like a teenager as adult you aren't yet.
This is just discriminating! I'm not allowed to act like an adult just because I'm not 18 yet? Also, you might have noticed that I, in fact, did grow up (not only physically, but also psychially) over the last four years. But maybe you didn't notice because you ignored my posts all the time. And one more thing: In Germany, once you finish your 14th year of life, you are an adult. After you turn 18, you're on full age. So that technically makes me an adult already.
Butcher wrote:Even when I try to reply you nicely like I did when you asked about the ASCII level editor, you don't forget that "moderator" thing.
For once, you're right... It's something of the past and you've probably grown
Butcher wrote:Probably you don't know the meaning of the word "altruism".
So? What use is what to you what I am doing?
Butcher wrote:Since when I'm wanting to have the RoomShaker source code? It's for the POP community...
OK, this is getting really messed up here... Obviously, nobody else except you wants to have RoomShaker's source code. You should've noticed! So why are you still begging on your knees even though you know he's not gonna publish it?
Butcher wrote:Some people are so selfish, [...]
Brendon is NOT selfish. He's just very protective of his belongings. If he were selfish, he would've kept RoomShaker for himself.
Butcher wrote:[...] other ones just envy my applications as they aren't capable of produce a single one [...]
I don't feel talked to.
Butcher wrote:[...] and I still have to deal with this troubled dude.
Still...

And don't bother replying. I'm not gonna pay attention anyway. I'll go join Brendon.