Roomshaker

Modern Prince of Persia 1 and 2 level editors for Windows.

Roomshaker

Post by guest »

Hey, looking through the site I've found a number of references to "roomshaker" but there's no link to download it, and I can't seem to find any on a google search either, could anyone clear up this mystery for me? What is it? Where can I get it?
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Post by Guest »

Thanks alot =)
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

you are welcome. I've added the links in the princed home page too :)
CrazyDiamond
Vizier
Vizier

Post by CrazyDiamond »

Today I've noticed that a new version of RoomShaker (V 1.73) is out!!! :D
The last one (V 1.72) had come out in april 2005...
remember when you were young / you shone like the sun / shine on you crazy diamond
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Roomshaker

Post by Brendon James »

Hi, the RoomShaker website location has changed, you can now get the latest version (1.79) from there as well as news:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/bsnjames/roomshaker

- Brendon.
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Brendon James »

Hi All, I know this isn't a RoomShaker II page but, the new RoomShaker II release is up on my website ready to grab
( http://home.iprimus.com.au/bsnjames/roomshaker2/ )

Release Info:

Date: 6 - 6 - 2010
Release: 4
Version: 1.15
Size: 2.45 MB

This one can do heaps of cool stuff like, level-type editing and undo as well as load/convert POP1 .PLV files.

Cheers,

-Brendon
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Hey, Mr. James. ;-)

How about you release the source codes of your RoomShaker's?

Like I did with CusPop, PR Executor and with Easy Events Assigner I and II... Even the SNES Editor of David has the source code available too.

Well, It's good to release the source codes because someone can continue developing your legacy even if you die. :lol:
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Brendon James »

To those looking for a souce code release of the RoomShaker programs, Sorry but there won't be one.

If you want information about the format(s) jusk ask, I'd be glad to help any serious POP developer but I've spent years developing these projects and I don't want people simply changing 1 or 2 lines of code then calling it theirs (I've seen it done before - No thanks). People are already pinching my graphics (which also took a considerable amount of time to create) because they can't or don't want to make something original.

It does not matter who is releasing what!!

I don't care if you think I'm selfish because I've put years of time and effort into the RoomShaker projects and I'm not giving away what is rightfully mine.

Enjoy the programs, they'll still be getting new releases I'm not going anywhere for a long time, if you have ideas just let me know them and I'll see what I can do.

I'm happy to discuss the formats or even algorithms with anyone.

-Brendon
Butcher
Developer
Developer

Post by Butcher »

Well... sorry for me stealing your tile graphics, but as everybody here were already familiar with RoomShaker I just thought it wouldn't be a good idea to replace them with other ones.

So.. Does that make me a thief now? How about a hijacker? Now I'm a bandit!!! Call the police and issue an arrest warrant now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok... do you want to discuss algorithms?

Well, I think your guard location and checkpoints drawing, placing routines (or whatever you call them) are a bit wrong.

This is the level "Caverns 3" loaded in your RoomShaker II (your latest release)

And this is the same level loaded in my Easy Events Assigner II, as my graphics are a 2x size of your RS II due the fact of the numbers, I just reduced the size of the image below to 50% for better fitting.

The guards of the rooms 23, 4 and 19 are misplaced in your RS II. The guard at the room 4 is behind the number 45 of that pressure plate.

Well, about Checkpoints... I think you need to add just a one (1) to the tile location. I never saw a checkpoint assigned to a wall like that in the Room 16 and in tile 11 of the Room 12.

And about Guard Location, there is a delphi object pascal subfunction inside the function called "DrawRoom" in my EEA II with the following contents.

Code: Select all

type
  TGuardLoc = record
      Kind: Byte;
  end;

function GetGuardLocation(L, S1, S2: byte): TGuardLoc;
  var
    B: Byte;
  begin

B := (L div 10) * 10 + Round((S2 * 256 + S1 - 144) / 32);

result.Kind := 1;

if B < (L div 10) * 10 then begin
        B := (L div 10) * 10;
        result.Kind := 0;
     end;

if B > ((L div 10) * 10) + 9 then begin
        B := ((L div 10) * 10) + 9;
        result.Kind := 2;
     end;

result.Location := B

end;
The "TGuardLoc" is a record similar to the typedef struct of C/C++, the "div" operator is to peform a integer division, not a float one. Another operator I really like is the "mod" :lol:

And the Round, it's the same rounding function of C/C++.

From the FormatSpecifications file, section "4.2.3.1 Static guards":

Code: Select all

Byte 0 is a UC showing the location in this room (same as explained in
  3.4.4) of the current guard.
 Bytes 1 and 2 are a SS with an offset in pixels to reallocate the guard in
  the floor.
So, L = Location, S1 = the Offset 1, S2 = Offset 2.

The "Kind" will be 1 if the guard is in this room, 0 if he comes from the left side of the room, and 2 if he comes of the right side... I just implemented the "Kind" only because of the color change.

Just check my source!!!

Note: Everybody can steal my code, my graphics, everything!!! I don't care!!! :lol:
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Brendon James wrote:Hi, the RoomShaker website location has changed, you can now get the latest version (1.79) from there as well as news:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/bsnjames/roomshaker

- Brendon.
I noticed the page currently says:
"Sorry the personal web site for this customer has been suspended."
Maybe temporary, I don't know.