Split from: Prince of Persia around the world

Modern Prince of Persia 1 and 2 level editors for Windows.
Chaklawin
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Split from: Prince of Persia around the world

Post by Chaklawin »

I need some help:
I'm having some troubles with editing, apoplexy: I can't run the level even though I have the pop1 files already in the apoplexy rar. PS: Is it because of versions in dosbox (does a specific version required)?
Roomshaker: how does it work and such.
How do I edit tiles, prince sprites, and than post them on my levels.
I would be very glad for you guys to teach me about it.

Sorry for any irelevance but I just didn't know where to post this and i'll be glad for help. Thank you again.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Split from: Prince of Persia around the world

Post by mk1995 »

Moved your post to an appropriate forum.
Chaklawin wrote:apoplexy: I can't run the level even though I have the pop1 files already in the apoplexy rar. PS: Is it because of versions in dosbox (does a specific version required)?
I'm no good at Apoplexy because RoomShaker is just a plain better level editor, but the author, Norbert (he was a member of this forum, but left), can be mailed to via info@popot.org.
Chaklawin wrote:Roomshaker: how does it work and such.
How do I edit tiles, prince sprites, and than post them on my levels.
I would be very glad for you guys to teach me about it.
The author of RoomShaker, Brendon James, has created an extensive tutorial complex describing all the featured RS has to offer. For further help you could just look into the enclosed Help file, and if that's not enough, Just mail the man himself, whose e-mail address you can also find on his website.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Split from: Prince of Persia around the world

Post by Norbert »

Chaklawin wrote:I can't run the level even though I have the pop1 files already in the apoplexy rar.
Assuming you're using the Windows version, edit the dosbox.bat file in the apoplexy directory, and change "E:\dosbox\dosbox.exe" to where your dosbox.exe is.
That should allow you to quickly test the levels you're working on.