Improvements

Modern Prince of Persia 1 and 2 level editors for Windows.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Improvements

Post by Coco »

So, I'm not sure is Roomshaker still in development, or you gave up on it. I just have several ideas for it. Some complicated, some less complicated.
I'm sure that I've read somewhere that odd room linking is out of question, but I was wondering if it's possible to include several features, such as:

- Switching between palace and dungeon environments at any level (this requires prince.exe editing)

- Making modifications to tiles (such as making "stable" loose floors)

- Making custom events (stepping on a certain tile, or drinking potion etc, makes door/chomper open or close, changes
one tile with another...)

- infinite guard health

- Lastly, Roomshaker that came with TotalPack version 2.06 (?) had a nice feature where tiles were sorted like "all tiles", "common", "events", "misc" and "palace", so all tiles could be easily found, but newer versions don't have that. I have only "floor" tile among "common" list which isn't very helpful since floor tile is already first on "all tiles" list. This would make level editing a lot quicker.

Coco
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Improvements

Post by David »

Coco wrote: - Making modifications to tiles (such as making "stable" loose floors)
"stable" loose floors are already available: Right-click on a loose floor, click Properties, check Selective Drop, OK.
I agree it's quite hidden.
Coco wrote: - Lastly, Roomshaker that came with TotalPack version 2.06 (?) had a nice feature where tiles were sorted like "all tiles", "common", "events", "misc" and "palace", so all tiles could be easily found, but newer versions don't have that. I have only "floor" tile among "common" list which isn't very helpful since floor tile is already first on "all tiles" list. This would make level editing a lot quicker.
I guess it's a bug.
RS178_Rel23 had the correct tile groups, RS179_Rel24 and RS180_Rel25 has the wrong ones.
Coco
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Coco »

Never checked properties tab :)
Hmmm... Integrating cuspop into this program would make huge difference. It's also a bum that we are limited by the original game events...
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Coco wrote:This would make level editing a lot quicker.
You can also place tiles using the keyboard.
The View -> Keyboard Legend menu item shows which key is for what tile.