vpalace.dat?

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
darthmarsden
Efendi
Efendi

vpalace.dat?

Post by darthmarsden »

Hey all. I'm working on a massive PoP mod, and I'm coming close to finishing. (Don't worry, I'll let you all know when its out :) )

The thing is, the mod involves massive editing of both the levels, but also the graphics. Now, I'm not bad at this sort of thing, but I really wanted to change the level graphics as well, but I'm no texture artist, which is why I tried out some of your vdungeons.dat files.

They were all very good, and I'm trying to figure out which one to use (it'll probably be the one that's the SNES graphics - who did that, by the way?).

The problem is, I can't seem to find any new vpalace.dat files. Are there any? And if so, where are they? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

yes, Steven Fayers made a version, but it is still under development. I think his contact information is in http://www.stevenfayers.net.

Btw, if your palace environment set is finished and GPL, I can include it in the release version of FreePrince. Would you like? if you do just send me the finished file.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the offer Poirot, but I'll pass - I'm intending to release it as a stand-alone product, like Shadow Of the Flame. Pretty much everything's been changed - the palace graphics are the last things to change, so that's why I'm after them.
darthmarsden
Efendi
Efendi

Post by darthmarsden »

Oops, forgot to sign in with that last comment. To make it up, here's a few screenshots. These are all from the first level, except for the combat ones, which are from the second. I still need to touch up on some stuff, but it's looking pretty good so far.

The screenshots are at my website, but the server doesn't allow off-site links to the pictures themselves. I have, however, created a page for the images - the link is in my signature. And yes, all the custom graphics (with the exception of the dungeon tiles) are done by me - they look wonderful when actually animated.

...one last thing - I'm still looking for beta testers, if anyone's interested...
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Nice screenshots!

I'll activate the offsite images

Post by Guest »

poirot wrote:Nice screenshots!

I'll activate the offsite images
Ah, thanks.

...what do you mean by 'offsite images'?
darthmarsden
Efendi
Efendi

Post by darthmarsden »

One of these days, I'll upload some of those screenshots...

Okay, let me amend that. One of these days, I'll upload some screenshots that aren't 5 months old.

Oh, whatever.