PG research thread

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
ecco
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by ecco »

Trident: The screens I made were better than expected when simply reduced to sixteen colours, I only meant they looked worse when I used the same palette as the vdungeon graphics- becasue Poirot said to use that. I also agree with making our own graphics for originality.
(I think i mentioned this in some earlier post)
If in the future we'll be able to use vaired palettes then that will be great, but who knows how long until that can be done. At the moment I'm tying to make designs based on the original palette.
P.S I really like the gaphics you've done.
If I knew how I'd post some pics I've done too, but in the meantime I said I'd email them to poirot.

Poirot: Sorry I didn't email you the pics yesterday- I wasn't around, but I'll try and do it very soon! At the moment, the default background is black- how easy will it be to have a pattern/ other graphics instead?
TRIDENT
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by TRIDENT »

ah.. ok i understand now, we are stuck with the original 16 colour set chosen by the game
(actually 15 colours 1 for masking).
2 sets in total being dungeon and palace.......Yes that will prove somewhat more difficult.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

no problem! send them whenever you can. I think it will be very easy.

Trident: wait to see the new engine we'll work on :) full colors, sizable pixel map, etc. really great!