I think I messed up...

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

I think I messed up...

Post by mk1995 »

Hey, uh... So I've been trying to translate the game into Japanese, and this is what happens.

And then the game froze up.

There must have been a problem during editing the graphics or something, but I wouldn't know for the life of me what caused it. So I attached the resources I used and altered (of all of them, only the title.dat is edited). Maybe someone will notice if there's anything wrong with them. If not, then it must be that I'm using an outdated PR version. Guess I'll try the one Norbert uploaded and then come back with the results.

Edit: Retried. I think I updated, but in any case I tried it with what I could definitely consider to be PR version 1.2. I wanted to use 1.3, but the binary and the resources.xml weren't supplied. Just some txt files and links. Results were the same as above.
Attachments
rsrcs.rar
(526.62 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: I think I messed up...

Post by Norbert »

mk1995 wrote:I wanted to use 1.3, but the binary and the resources.xml weren't supplied.
The src/bin/ directory inside PR-1.3.zip contains the files you're looking for.

I'll check out the package, maybe I can figure out why it locks up.
Time for some detective work. :)

[Edit: I've (only) tried it with v1.3 and it works fine. I even checked the text at the end. In the attached ZIP is the TITLE.DAT and also the title/ directory that I've slightly changed to make it compatible with v1.3 (added an unknown/ directory and moved the two directories inside yet another title/ directory).]
Attachments
rsrcs.zip
(812.76 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: I think I messed up...

Post by David »

Yes, PR 1.2 has some bugs: it can't import BMPs that were edited with Paint (shifted 128 pixels), and it can't import black-and-white BMPs at all. (crash)
I've fixed these bugs in PR 1.3. There was an unofficial fixed PR 1.2, which was also free of these bugs.
Norbert wrote: I've slightly changed to make it compatible with v1.3 (added an unknown/ directory and moved the two directories inside yet another title/ directory)
You don't have to. Just execute pr -i. title.dat in the rsrcs folder and it will work.