Somersault (Salto)

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Somersault (Salto)

Post by Norbert »

I was working on a somersault animation to replace the running jump, but I've decided not to use it.
The idea isn't bad, but my implementation was too messy, plus it's kinda annoying when playing the game.

mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Somersault (Salto)

Post by mk1995 »

I guess the problem is that there's just too few frames to work with. It might look better if you either managed to increase the amount of frames for the running jump somehow, or if you edit the standing jump instead.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Yes, too few frames; true.
The simple jump as a somersault may indeed look better.
The simple jump has 18 frames, so this could be used, plus 2 frames to bring the arms down.
I just checked and the game displays frame10.bmp 6 pixels higher than the other frames.
The other frames are all displayed at the same height.
The right amount of black space under (and to the left of) the prince in each frame will make the somersault look more accurate.
I guess I could give it another try but with the simple jump.
Lots of work though, will take some time to finish that.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I've ran into a problem with the new simple jump to somersault conversion.
I'm still working on it, but noticed that, for some reason, changing the images made it possible for the prince to jump through walls...