Snes floor bug

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Snes floor bug

Post by spartacus735 »

Hey guys , I ask you for my new snes mod because i see a lot of bug in my game ( go see my video )
the problem is this fu**ing floor who which disappears when one falls on her plate, the bug hit the ground and I pass through. Can you help me ?
( I use traductor for write this , my english is bad )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDB6rqa6 ... e=youtu.be

thank you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Snes floor bug

Post by David »

This is a known problem, and a solution has been already posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3018&p=10800#p10800
The linked post doesn't tell you, but you'll have to switch to Mode->Manual before step 1, and switch back to Mode->Automatic after the last step.

[off]
Also, I think I found a bug in the forum:
When I tried to find the post that is quoted in post I linked above, by searching for "tons of tiles", an odd thing happened.
The link takes me to the topic, but not the post, and the page it takes me to doesn't contain the post.
Judging from the ID of the post (p6376), it should be between the last post of page 4 (p6375) and the first post of page 5 (p6381).
I think I found the reason: it looks like there are two posts that are considered the 47th:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1654&start=47 - Notice that the post by Iso is the third.
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1654&start=48 - It suddenly becomes the first, not the second!
[/off]
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Work ! Thank a lot David ! ;)

But , I have another question, how to create an activator plate leaving a door open forever?
How to create an activator plate 2 doors that can open at once? (Or more)

To finish, I notice that in "remix 3" plate activator dropped almost 6 plates and a door! How to create the same thing?

thank David
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
NorbertAdm
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by NorbertAdm »

David wrote:Also, I think I found a bug in the forum: [...]
I've resynchronized some boards and this should be fixed now.

--Norbert
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

spartacus735 wrote: But , I have another question, how to create an activator plate leaving a door open forever?
The button's door event should point to a loose floor which has an open button below it. (level 14 of remix 3 uses this)
Also, on level 15, doors don't close by themselves.
spartacus735 wrote: How to create an activator plate 2 doors that can open at once? (Or more)
There is a checkbox in the door events section whose tooltip says "Don't trigger next".
It's checked by default. If you uncheck it, every time the current door event is triggered, the next one is also triggered.
For example, if you want a button to trigger door events 05, 06 and 07, you need to uncheck this box in event 05 and 06, check it in 07, and set the button's modifier to 05.
spartacus735 wrote: To finish, I notice that in "remix 3" plate activator dropped almost 6 plates and a door! How to create the same thing?
It's the combination of the above two things: that button triggers multiple door events, and some of these point to loose floors.
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by spartacus735 »

Work !! Thank a lot ! :D