Princed Resources V0.6 Download

About PR usage and development, and about the POP format.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Princed Resources V0.6 Download

Post by mk1995 »

This is Version 0.6.

Download PR from PoPOT.org (thanks, Norbert).

Seeing as some people might have problems using it, I decided to set up this little tutorial to help you getting it started in first place.
  • 1) Extract the archive you downloaded from the link above into a folder you extracted Prince of Persia 1 into where you'd like to have the resource files extracted.
    2) If you just try to open "pr.exe" like that, it'll close immediately again. You'll have to use the Command Promt. Open the Start menu, select "Run...", type in "cmd" and confirm. (If you're using Windows 7, you'll have to click the "New Task" button after having opened the Task Manager, as there's no more "Run..." in the Start Menu (damn you, Microsoft!).)
    3) Hopefully you have knowledge about DOS commands, so move to the Prince folder you have your "pr.exe" file inside. Now, type in "pr.exe".
    4) To export all of the resource files into something editable, write "pr -x<name of folder where your resources are gonna be>". Make sure the name is no longer than 8 characters and there's no space between the "-x" and the name of your folder.
    5) Wait as the *.dat files are being extracted.
    6) Edit them as you please.
    7) Once you're done editing, do the same as you did in step 4, but replace "-x" with "-i".
    8) You successfully edited your *.dat files now! Should something be not as you wanted it to be, repeat steps 4 through 7.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
tristan1991

Re: Princed Resources V0.6 Download

Post by tristan1991 »

i have a problem
how to hell use that thing ?!
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I extended the tutorial, so now even the dumbest idiot should understand what to do.

I advise everyone to re-download the archive as it contains one more file now that you can't im-/export the resource files without.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Whoops... I didn't consider that one. It's just that PR 0.6 is the one currently on my computer and since it's nowhere to be found on Princed.org (only the Princed Resource Manager, which doesn't seem to do anything), I decided to upload what I had. I really did not know there was an even newer version...! :oops:

PR unofficial fix (and newest version, I think)
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

i got an problem
i type in C:\Documents and Settings\Games PC\pr\bin\pr -x rescours
computer : FILE UNKNOW.xml ALERY EXITS.REPLACE ? yes\no\all
i put in yes
COMPUTER : exporting 'bin' to '.'
result : cannont open mxl file (-13)

what to do ?? help plz
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

please help

Post by Tristan »

i follow the instructions of the tutorial but ill cant get out
can any1 who know how the goodhell use that thing make a video on youtube ? PLEASE
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

thanks dude xD
ps which os you use ?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

He uses Knoppix. I never used it before - I'm more familiar with Ubuntu when it comes to Linux operating systems.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

never heard about that os
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

but i helped my ! :mrgreen:
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

programmer wrote:It isn't knoppix. It's Ubuntu with KDE.
Sorry. I'm not very experienced with Linux operating systems, so I couldn't really tell.
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

the linux OS is verry good i have used it 4 years ago that are times
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

programmer wrote:It isn't knoppix. It's Ubuntu with KDE.

By the way, looks like youtube fucked the video so there is almost nothing visible.
It was just processing I think... I can see the text fine now
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

tristan1993 wrote:thanks dude xD
?
ok why now !?
first it works and i try it again and get again :

i type in C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\pr\pr.EXE -x TITLE.DAT
computer : FILE UNKNOW.xml ALERY EXITS.REPLACE ? yes\no\all
i type yes
COMPUTER : exporting 'bin' to '.'
result : cannont open mxl file (-13)

why is this ??
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Because the "resources.xml" file isn't in the Prince folder you want to extract data from. Move it there and try again.