Open Source Game Clones

Threads about other remakes and ports.

Moderator: English Moderator Team

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia
Posts: 1399
Joined: December 11th, 2008, 9:48 pm
Location: Hungary

Open Source Game Clones

Postby David » June 29th, 2017, 7:40 am

I recently visited the http://osgameclones.com/ site.
In the Prince of Persia category, they currently have FreePrince and SDLPoP.
(SDLPoP was added by segrax: viewtopic.php?p=16475#p16475 )

So, oitofelix and lvcabral (and maybe others?), feel free to add your remakes! :)
Instructions are on the top of the site.

Here is the list of all the possible data that can be entered about a game.
I miss the list of supported OSes, though.

User avatar
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia
Posts: 3018
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 10:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Source Game Clones

Postby Norbert » June 29th, 2017, 8:14 pm

David wrote:I miss the list of supported OSes, though.


Hm, me too.
I've created this issue about it on their GitHub.

salvadorc17
Calif
Calif
Posts: 496
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 2:04 am

Re: Open Source Game Clones

Postby salvadorc17 » July 5th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Prince of persia C# Monogame can be also posted there?

User avatar
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia
Posts: 3018
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 10:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Source Game Clones

Postby Norbert » July 6th, 2017, 7:29 pm

salvadorc17 wrote:Prince of persia C# Monogame can be also posted there?


Two options, both require a GitHub account:
- (harder) Create a pull request after editing p.yaml in a fork.
- (easier) Request the addition by creating an issue.

Norbert wrote:
David wrote:I miss the list of supported OSes, though.


Hm, me too.
I've created this issue about it on their GitHub.


His reaction doesn't make sense to me.
"Possibly, but I think this more important when the supported hardware or software is more exotic or vintage."
Is he saying that, in his opinion, such a feature would be more useful if the port is available for, for instance, OS/2, than if it's available for Linux or OS X, because most stuff is on the three major platforms nowadays?

David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia
Posts: 1399
Joined: December 11th, 2008, 9:48 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Open Source Game Clones

Postby David » July 8th, 2017, 8:20 am

Norbert wrote:His reaction doesn't make sense to me.
"Possibly, but I think this more important when the supported hardware or software is more exotic or vintage."
Is he saying that, in his opinion, such a feature would be more useful if the port is available for, for instance, OS/2, than if it's available for Linux or OS X, because most stuff is on the three major platforms nowadays?

I guess he meant something like that.
Maybe he especially meant ports that work *only* on an "exotic" system, like lvcabral's port for Roku.
(Of course you can just ask him what he meant...)

Norbert wrote:Two options, both require a GitHub account:

I think salvadorc17 already has one, linked from his signature.


Return to “Other Remakes and Ports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest