PoP1 for DOS font?

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

PoP1 for DOS font?

Post by Norbert »

I'm currently trying to find out what font was used for the DOS version of PoP1.
It could be a custom font, created specifically for the game.
It looks similar to the font used for the original Apple II version, but is not the same.
I've tried using What Font is and WhatTheFont!, but no success there.
Maybe I could e-mail and ask the people who worked on the graphics/artwork (Leila Joslyn, Avril Harrison, James St. Louis).
Or maybe the programmer (Lance Groody) or Jordan Mechner knows?
It would be nice to create/have a TrueType font file (.ttf) that we can use to write custom text in the style of the original game.

(mirror)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: PoP1 for DOS font?

Post by mk1995 »

I believe Avril Harrison was responsible for the title screen art, and only that. Still, if you can find the address of any of Joslyn or St. Louis, go for it. Mail them. And in any case, make sure you drop Mechner an e-mail, too.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

mk1995 wrote:I believe Avril Harrison was responsible for the title screen art, and only that.
Avril Harrison did create the title screen, yes.
I didn't even know until recently, but in the lower left of the main screen, Avril added a signature "ah". :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote:I didn't even know until recently, but in the lower left of the main screen, Avril added a signature "ah". :)
I've recently read it here: http://popc64.blogspot.com/2012/03/part ... -push.html