Complete Level Maps for PoP1 v.1.4

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Complete Level Maps for PoP1 v.1.4

Post by RusFan »

Hi, all! I have updated TerraEsperZ level maps, which I consider as the best ever maded for PoP 1 & 2 series (not to count Adomatic's maps).

Now it include all extra screens which possible to access in cheat mode (these all are in simplified maps), maps for demo and potion levels.

- Level 12 splitted in two maps to get some more extra screens.

- Removed one superfluous tile in level 12a.

- Restored loose floor sections in level 12b.

- Replaced some torchlights with blowed flame.

link: http://imageshack.us/g/835/80714386.png/

And I have made maps for all the rest extra rooms not presented in simplified maps and cheat mode.

These rooms are extra test screens, remaining after development, unlinked with main game maps. Along with normal maps it cover all of existing screens from the game (360 screens in total by 24 at level).

Some screens was initially corrupted or not accessible in their levels due missed resources, so it was rendered in other levels and then manually repainted to correct palette.

Single screens are insulated, it can't be reached from any other screens. Multi screens supplements each other.

Guards types are not defined (it can be fat guard, skeleton or even Jaffar if to try swap levels in RoomShaker).

Numerals specifies numbers of rooms.

link: http://imageshack.us/g/853/54894766.png/

Also I have recompiled Adomatic's advanced maps to native resolution and slightly updated them.

- Added map for demo level and missed extra screens in level 12b and potion level.

- Removed one superfluous screen in level 6.

- Restored loose floor sections in level 12b.

- Fixed screens positions in some levels.

- Fixed start points for prince in level 7 and princess in level 13.

- Resolution changed to native (320x192). If you want fullscreen resolution, simply resize maps to 2x in any graphics editor without resampling or download original maps from here or use maps by Nohoval Turrets.

link: http://imageshack.us/g/196/26391938.png/

Tools I used are DOSBox, MS Paint, RoomShaker and IrfanView. All maps packed in png format at maximal compression rate.

Also I have latest versions of simplified maps for PoP1 v.1.4 compiled by Hubai Tamas in May 2011.

link: http://imageshack.us/g/854/93454305.png/

P.S. I plan to make updated maps for PoP2 too. It will include maps for "gameplay" level set as well.

I will not update TerraEsperZ maps for PoP2 as I planned before, because firstly - they are already perfect (if not count missed room 27 from level 6), and secondly - almost all of extra screens are very corrupted (even those that are presented in simplified maps), some of them even haven't graphics. Instead of this I've made maps of all extra rooms (that have any graphics) from game like I did it for PoP1.

As to gameplay level set, I found that it almost same as normal, except three unfinished levels and some minor differences. It's not additional playable level set as I thought before, but just the same set of levels in developing stage. Look simplified maps of normal and gameplay level sets for comparing.
Last edited by RusFan on October 19th, 2012, 6:51 am, edited 10 times in total.
qwer
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Re: Complete Level Maps for PoP1 v.1.4

Post by qwer »

Hey thanks for this. I saw you added a screen to level 12b on the very left bottom corner (http://imageshack.us/f/26/75574466.png/ , the empty room with no exits). I have wondered for many years what this mysterious screen is good for or how to get there. Do you know the purpose of this screen?

thanks
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

That's the button triggered when Jaffar is killed. It opens the exit door.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
qwer
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by qwer »

Thanks, but how do you get there. I think I have been there once, is that possible?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

It's not.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RusFan »

I've made single archive with all maps mentioned in first post (8 maps in sum).