Prince of Persia V1.3's crack does not load saved games

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
KJV
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Prince of Persia V1.3's crack does not load saved games

Post by KJV »

Sorry about the delay. I was talking about this particular version from the "Prince of Persia CD Collection".

http://popuw.com/files/PRINCECD.zip
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Sorry about the extreme delay; haven't been here since October (and seems neither have you). I must confess I still do not understand what you mean by saying there are two versions of 1.3 - "the one that actually plays back FX samples" and "the other with the broken config which does everything through OPL".

I compared the 1.3 in the PRINCECD.zip you linked to above with the 1 floppy 3.5" and 2 floppy 5.25" versions. Of the 36 files, 35 match in all 3 copies. The only file to have changed is Install.exe, which is irrelevant for this discussion because it has nothing to do with a "broken config". So again,
  1. Which version is supposed to have a "broken config", and how?

2. Can't the "broken config" be fixed simply by deleting Config.dat and Setup.dat and re-generating these files according to your preferences by running Setup.exe again?
_Zaphod_
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by _Zaphod_ »

It's true that the 1.4 was patched to work better under the windows dos prompt for 95/8, and MAYBE XP.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

_Zaphod_ wrote:It's true that the 1.4 was patched to work better under the windows dos prompt for 95/8, and MAYBE XP.
It predated XP because my CD Collection box had an instruction slip added that mentioned how to use Win9x compatibility mode for the executables under XP.