Princed Community's Hall of Fame

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Princed Community's Hall of Fame

Post by mk1995 »

This is an idea I've had for quite a while. Now what exactly do you intend?, you may ask. Well, I was going to beat the original Prince of Persia and upload my PRINCE.HOF to here, then have voluntaries take turns downloading the current file, entering themselves, and reuploading it for the next one to do the same thing. I hope it's gonna be a fun time...

If you'd like to be a part of that event, please volunteer with a post in this topic. The participants will be written down in a list at the end of this post. The deadline is set at October 20, 2012.

Of course, you will have to follow some rules if you'd like to participate. Those rules are as follows:
  • Do not use cheats!
  • You may only play through the game once with that HOF-file, even if you don't make it into the best times.
  • You may not restart and reload if you die in a level to regain your wasted time.
  • If you run out of time, you may not try again.
  • If it's your turn and you don't upload the HOF within a week of the last upload, you will be disqualified.
In order to avoid making a mess, the participants (including myself) will be taking turns. I'll determine the order by chance and afterwards write it down here. Once everyone has finished playing, the event will end, unless some more people volunteered before the end. They will then be put at the rear end of the line. I will then retrieve the HOF from whoever had it the last and declare the contents of it. Then, if the majority wants to, another round begins with another deadline so more people can join the fray.

----------Participants (Deadline: October 20, 2012)----------

None yet. Be the first to enlist yourself!
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Princed Community's Hall of Fame

Post by Norbert »

mk1995 wrote:This is an idea I've had for quite a while.
It's a nice idea.
I'm afraid so few people are currently active on this forum that there won't be many participants.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have the time to partake.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

We're past the deadline, it seems this didn't work out.
(Please don't shoot the messenger. ;))
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Norbert wrote:This didn't work out. This is madness!
Madness...?

THIS. IS. PRINCEEEEED! *kicks Norbert into dry well*

---

Just kidding. xD
Expanded the deadline.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

The fact that I'm the only participant means I automatically win and get the awesome first prize. Seriously, you guys letting that happen?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Actually, I'm also participating, but that's blatantly obvious.

And besides, we won't start until we've got enough participants. Though I might declare him the automatic winner if no one else shows up, just so you sign the heck in.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote:Unfortunately, I currently don't have the time to partake.
Unless something unexpected happens, I should have time to join this for at least the next couple of months.
If you and Veke still have time, maybe if some other folks join, we can start taking turns.
We can use tricks, right, as long as we don't cheat? And no need to get any of the LPs?
Also, can we practice all the levels in another installation and then play for real after copying the HOF there?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Norbert wrote:We can use tricks, right, as long as we don't cheat? And no need to get any of the LPs?
Also, can we practice all the levels in another installation and then play for real after copying the HOF there?
Anything that I hadn't explicitly prohibited in my topic-opening post is viable. You may use tricks, and if you feel you're a tad bit rusty at the game, you may also practice. I suppose I'll move the deadline to October 20, 2012 and then see who'll join.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Did a test-run just now.
My goal will be to do it in 26 minutes (34 minutes left).
I will get the LP in level 2, just so I don't need to fear the guards as much in later levels.
Level 8 will definitely be the most difficult.

When I merge with the shadow in level 12a, why do I need to wait until the merge-music stops?
If I don't, the tiles don't appear and the prince falls to his death...
SprintGod and Ma5terViking don't need to wait.

By the way, happy seventeenth birthday mk1995.