RoomShaker version 1.79 Release, Vista and Win7 Fix

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

RoomShaker version 1.79 Release, Vista and Win7 Fix

Post by Brendon James »

RoomShaker Version 1.79 Released Today.

It addresses some problems with Vista and Win-7.

A lot of people (including myself) were having trouble loading RoomShaker versions 1.76 and 1.78 under Vista or 7. I have now updated it and it now loads perfectly fine on mine :). I've also tested it on my wife's Win-7 machine with no problems.

You can get it from the RoomShaker Website which has now moved to:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/bsnjames/roomshaker/

This update has taken a while because I've only noticed the problem due to the fact that I hardly use vista.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: RoomShaker version 1.79 Release, Vista and Win7 Fix

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

I'm glad your website's bakc up again!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

New version, eh? But if it's just a 1.78 that works on the new Windows OSes, I guess I won't need to bother. Don't get me wrong here! I don't deem your work useless. In fact, you brought out the best PoP level editors to date... If only they would support weird room linking, but you can't have everything, right? Besides... We have another editor to do that, so we actually do have everything. Oh, the gift of logic... ;)
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Brendon James
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Brendon James »

Yes essentially it's 1.78 however, this one is useful if you're using Vista or 7. If you are using XP you won't need to bother with 1.79 however if you plan to upgrade to Vista or 7 I recommend you grab this one :)

My focus is now mostly on RoomShaker 2, implementing the undo and adding more features and I hope to get the next one out soon.

Cheers,

- Brendon.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Regarding RS2, are you working on a Ruins tutorial yet? You know they're so damn hard to make - we could use every help we can get.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...