Level Maps

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
nohoval_turrets
Efendi
Efendi

Level Maps

Post by nohoval_turrets »

I have done a complete set of level maps at full resolution. You can find them at http://homepage.eircom.net/~seanhenness ... sia1_4.htm

I know this has been done before, but these are more complete - I used the cheat mode to scroll around to every screen available. I combined levels 12a and 12b into a single screen because they do form a continuous playing space.

I previously did this for POP2, and those can be found here: http://homepage.eircom.net/~seanhenness ... ersia2.htm

Any comments or corrections, post here and I'll make amendments.

Cheers,
Nohoval
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Level Maps

Post by Andrew »

Nicely done indeed! :)

BTW, in PoP2 Level15.jpg, couldn't that middle image (the one with the Princess's head) be shifted a few pixels down so that the tiles on the left side match up?

It would have been nice if you'd left out the status bar (with the icons), as also the health bar (with the Prince's and any enemy's life bottles). I'm slowly editing those out, but it's slow going, so would have been nice to have those excluded.

Haven't checked all maps in detail, so may have more comments later. On the whole though from what I've seen, quite comprehensively and carefully done. :)
nohoval_turrets
Efendi
Efendi

Thanks for your comments Andrew.

I've amended POP2 Level 15 - the fit still isn't perfect because the two images just aren't a perfect match, but I took the best fit I could. That's a strange level in so many ways! Not only do the images not really fit together well, there are black lines at the sides of some of them.

As for the status bar and health bars, yes I agree they should have been left out, but I was trying to minimize manual editing - it's so slow and error prone. It's not really that hard to do - just create a transparency mask and position it carefully. Just time-consuming. One of these days...

Nohoval
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RusFan »

nohoval_turrets

You missed one extra screen in Level 12 on the left. ;)
nohoval_turrets
Efendi
Efendi

Thanks RusFan, do you mean on POP1 or POP2? If there's a room missing, I'm not sure where it could be in relation to the existing screens - can you be more specific?
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RusFan »

I mean PoP1, Level 12 (or 12b if more exact, I splitted this level in two maps to get some more extra screens). Look the map. This missed screen located on the left side from exit door under picture with the name of game. By the way Adomatic missed it too. :)