Any cheat for PoP 1989 v1.3?

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Any cheat for PoP 1989 v1.3?

Post by Generals »

Is there any cheats for prince of persia 1989 v1.0?
like increase energy etc..
Last edited by Generals on November 27th, 2009, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Any cheat for PoP 1989 v1.3?

Post by mk1995 »

They're the same as in Version 1.0. The parameter for activation is different, though. Instead of adding "megahit" in the DOS window, add "improved".

If you don't know any cheats, here you go...

Shift + L
This skips the level you are on. You can use this in non-cheat mode, too, but if you use it during cheat-mode, your time will not be decreased to fifteen minutes and you can skip any level - even the copy protection level (even though I tried and my game crashed)!

Shift + S
This has the same effect as when you'd drink a life potion (restores 1 life, doesn't add one).

Shift + T
This has the same effect as when you'd drink a life increasing potion (adds 1 life, restores all lives).

Shift + W
This has the same effect as when you'd drink a feather fall potion (slow down drops).

Shift + I
This has the same effect as when you'd drink an upside-down-potion (screen turns upside down - when upside down returns to normal).

Shift + B
Toggles "Blind Mode", which basically makes all inanimate objects disappear from the screen, except for stuff which is in the foreground when the Prince is behind it (e.g. pillars).

R
Revives you if you're dead. Be careful where you use it, though...

K
Kills the guard onscreen.

U, H, J and N
Let you see the screen above, to the left, to the right and below the currently seen screen respectively.

C
The number of the room you are currently in is shown, as are the numbers of the rooms above, below, left from and right from your current position. Shift + C shows the room numbers of the four rooms that are diagonally adjacent to yours. If the value shown is 0, then there is no room adjacent in that direction.

+ and -
Add and take away one minute to/from the time limit respectively. They calculate with full minutes only, mind you. So if you'd want to run out of time faster, you'd have to wait for the remaining seconds to run out after reducing time to less than a minute.

In the DOS window, after adding "megahit" or "improved", depending on the version, you can add a number between 1 and 14 that sends you to its respective level. They're described below...
1 through 11 = Their respective levels
12 = Level 12a (Tower Level)
13 = Level 12b (Jaffar Level)
14 = Level 12c (Princess Level)
As far as I'm concerned, it's not possible to access Level 0 (demo level) and Level 15 (copy protection level) using this method.

That should about cover it. If I missed something, let me know!
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

you forgit there 1 :
O
if you push it by a gate or level door it will go auto open
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Sorry, but that one doesn't work. I hammered the "O" button like crazy in a room with a gate, but it didn't do anything.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

REALY !? be me does it work on version 1.3 and 1.4
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I have Version 1.4 and it didn't work on that one, either. And V1.4 is identical to V1.3...
Tristan
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Tristan »

for me works it realy :P
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Oh yeah? Then why don't you make a video (can be done with DOSBox) where you show that you open a gate with that cheat? I bet you're lying...
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

mk1995 wrote:They're the same as in Version 1.0. The parameter for activation is different, though. Instead of adding "megahit" in the DOS window, add "improved".
I use windows xp sp2, where can I type "megahit" or "improved"? I typed on welcome screen but nothing happen. :cry:
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

"O" doesn't do anything for me either, and I figured out all possible working keyboard combos in PoP 1/2 a long time ago...
mk1995 wrote:Ctrl. + S
This has the same effect as when you'd drink a life potion (restores 1 life, doesn't add one).

Ctrl. + T
This has the same effect as when you'd drink a life increasing potion (adds 1 life, restores all lives).

C
The room you are in is shown. Ctrl. + C shows more details, like which tile you currently are on or so... Not too sure about this as I rarely used this cheat, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm pretty sure the codes are Shift + S, Shift + T and Shift + C.
Generals wrote:I use windows xp sp2, where can I type "megahit" or "improved"? I typed on welcome screen but nothing happen. :cry:
You're not supposed to type it inside the game. How do you run the program under XP? From DOSBox? Or by just double-clicking the EXE?

In DOSBox, change to the dir. where the game's stored and type PRINCE MEGAHIT/IMPROVED n to begin at level number n (1 to 14; 0 and 15 don't work for me with v1.4) and get access to the cheat keys (MEGAHIT or IMPROVED depending on the game version).

If you just double-click the EXE, then here's what you should do:

1) Right-click Prince.exe and select "Create Shortcut". You'll end up with the file Shortcut to Prince.exe
2) Right-click Shortcut to Prince.exe, select "Properties" and go to the "Program" tab
3) In the "Cmd line" text box, after the path to Prince.exe type MEGAHIT or IMPROVED (as shown below)
4) Ok your way out
5) Now always run the game using the new shortcut instead of the original EXE

If you're playing under Windows though, you really should be using DOSBox. Running the game directly will not give you the proper sound effects at all.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

mk1995 wrote: In the DOS window, after adding "megahit" or "improved", depending on the version, you can add "level__", whereas "__" is the level you wish to go to.
In PoP1 you don't have to write "level", just the number.
For example: prince.exe megahit 4
In PoP2, however, you have to type "level" before the level nember.
mk1995 wrote:If I missed something, let me know!
Here are some more cheats:

-
Decreases remaining time with 1 minute.

+
Increases remaining time with 1 minute.

Shift-w
Slow fall, just like the potion on level 7.

Shift-i
Turns the screen upside-down.

Shift-b
Turns blind mode on/off.
Andrew wrote:I'm pretty sure the codes are Shift + S, Shift + T and Shift + C.
You're right, Ctrl-S would be sound on/off, Ctrl-T and Ctrl-C don't do anything.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I'm sorry for any mistakes I did. It's been a while since I used cheats, so I couldn't exactly remember everything correctly.

I edited my first post in that topic so it doesn't state false stuff.
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

Andrew wrote: You're not supposed to type it inside the game. How do you run the program under XP? From DOSBox? Or by just double-clicking the EXE?

In DOSBox, change to the dir. where the game's stored and type PRINCE MEGAHIT/IMPROVED n to begin at level number n (1 to 14; 0 and 15 don't work for me with v1.4) and get access to the cheat keys (MEGAHIT or IMPROVED depending on the game version).

If you just double-click the EXE, then here's what you should do:

1) Right-click Prince.exe and select "Create Shortcut". You'll end up with the file Shortcut to Prince.exe
2) Right-click Shortcut to Prince.exe, select "Properties" and go to the "Program" tab
3) In the "Cmd line" text box, after the path to Prince.exe type MEGAHIT or IMPROVED (as shown below)
4) Ok your way out
5) Now always run the game using the new shortcut instead of the original EXE

If you're playing under Windows though, you really should be using DOSBox. Running the game directly will not give you the proper sound effects at all.
Thanks bro, it works :mrgreen:
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

how about Prince of Persia 4D-Prince V1.Moscow 94? Any cheat codes too?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Same as for the original. The only difference between the original Prince and the 4D-Prince is that it has different levels.