Guide to Prince of Persia tricks (Large Topic)

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Guide to Prince of Persia tricks (Large Topic)

Post by mk1995 »

From the looks of it you only have to press against the gate with your back to eventually push through.

I've yet to see the usage of that famous Level 5 bug in a PoP MOD.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

What's the trick here? I can't get it to work (I'm trying on level 10 of unmodded 1.4)? What keystrokes do I need, and how does the timing work?
From what I have tested, a few conditions have to be met for the closed gate trick to work:
>>If the gate is on the right end of the screen (tiles 10, 20, or 30)
-No open switch should be in your room
-No guard should be in the next room to the right
-The guard you are fighting should attack
>>If the gate is in the next room to the left (original level 5 trick)
-There has to be a guard in the left room
-The closed gate is cannot be further than 4 tiles from your room
In both cases like mk1995 said all you do is just back off from the guard you are fighting. The only two mods I have played that allowed this trick are the original and the Levels05 by Steven Fayers. In Levels05, this trick is needed to get the life potion in level 5 (video) and it also can be used in level 2, room 10. I will try and see if any other mods allow this trick. It doesn't look doable in the original level 10.
nohoval_turrets
Efendi
Efendi

Post by nohoval_turrets »

It doesn't look doable in the original level 10.
From what you, it doesn't sound like it. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

So, got a problem here:

Picture

Now, the tile above is gone now, I made it drop, but fell down myself. How to knock the tile down, without falling down?
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

Now, the tile above is gone now, I made it drop, but fell down myself. How to knock the tile down, without falling down?
Looks like the second level of Steven Fayers' Levels05!

Balanced
Vizier
Vizier

Post by Balanced »

that is that one hehe :P
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

:razz: Nice .gif Kaslghnoon!
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
cocka
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cocka »

Hello!

I wondered how you can carry out the two tiles long jump when one of the tiles is blocked by a wall, thus there's not enough space for running to and fro.

How can you do that?

Example: Somewhere in the middle of level 12a in Hostage of Time there is a platform consisting of two tiles and blocked by a wall from the right side. At the left of the screen there are 3 tiles: loose - fixed - loose

Here is the picture:

If you jump in a normal way, the loose tile on the right side will fall along with you. If you cheat and jump by pressing the shift + W combination twice then you'll be able to grab the fixed tile but one fixed tile is not enough to carry out the two tile long jump from there.
And at the end of this section there are 3 tiles and the one on the right side is loose too. So I'm sure that you should take a run at but you don't have a chance to take off for it.

Any ideas? :)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

You need to get as close to the edge as possible. Afterwards, execute that jump as you would normally do, but hit the opposite arrow key almost immediately after you started moving. It's doable!
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
cocka
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cocka »

Thanks. That worked.

This level was very tricky, but it isn't as difficult as Into the dungeons. Those 10 levels are cruel.
Last edited by cocka on June 19th, 2010, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Well... Hostage of Time was quite a difficulty increase from my past two mods, so yeah... Didn't really play Into the Dungeons a lot, though. But those levels are damn hard and I sadly don't have the endurance to figure the way out.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

I really don't either Maurice. I don't even know why I make hard levels. I think I need to figure out HOW to make them easier...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Wait, so you're not even trying and your levels are automatically hard?! I'd love to be able to do that...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Well, somehow the way I make levels, they just end up being hard in the end. The new level I made though, didn't end up hard at all luckily.
cocka
Efendi
Efendi

Post by cocka »

Hello!

I've recently played with the Pop1 mod called An hour in prison, and I think that there is a bug in it. At level 8 (from the beginning) the tenth screen has a bug. The fighter falls down immediately as soon as I appear at the tenth screen and at the same time he knocks down the loose panel needed to jump over to the 2 loose panels on the other side.