Guide to Prince of Persia tricks (Large Topic)

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.
AuraDragon
Sultan
Sultan

Re: Guide to Prince of Persia tricks (Large Topic)

Post by AuraDragon »

mk1995 wrote:
AuraDragon wrote:Tricks are color coded to show difficulty [...], follow the rainbow.
Sure thing, but from what I see, green is easy and red is hard. Actual rainbow order is as follows: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.
It's, erm, a super-duper made up rainbow? Also, red looks more threatening than green.

John Wain wrote:AuraDragon, why are your videos wrapped in [url] instead of [youtube]? The videos can't be seen any more.
Because the topic was getting really large and out of hand, >_< and I forgot to put in the rest of the youtube video link, but if you guys want I'll keep it as direct video links I'll change it.
I post on the forum at weird times of the day
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

AuraDragon wrote:Longstep Leap - "From the looks of Eagle's video, this trick requires a ledge above and to the left of the tile you are going to step over. Drop down from the ledge of the tile on the right side, and then turn around and jump upwards to position yourself correctly(?), then simply start running right, immediately turn back while running and mash up to spring away from the said tile. I've never done this trick so I may need to rewrite this if I explained it wrong."
You explained it fine.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

AuraDragon wrote:
What version is that prince of persia?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

It's a modification called "Into the Dungeons" by Eagle-Head Priest 97.

Topic: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1651
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

mk1995 wrote:It's a modification called "Into the Dungeons" by Eagle-Head Priest 97.

Topic: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1651
is there any cheat for that?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Generals wrote:is there any cheat for that?
Could you at least try to get through a game without cheating? Jeez, your continous questions for cheats are starting to get annoying. Sorry, but I just had to say this. Cheating just doesn't get you anywhere. If you wanna increase your playing skill, you'll just have to play the game cleanly.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

sorry, in my opinion cheat are needed at every game and game without cheat codes at all are nothing.But, in this case I just ask cheat code just for fun so don't be annoyed and angry :)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Generals wrote:sorry, in my opinion cheat are needed at every game and game without cheat codes at all are nothing.
Cheats are not needed in any game if you don't fail horribly at them.
Generals wrote:But, in this case I just ask cheat code just for fun so don't be annoyed and angry :)
If that's the case, I guess the cheat parameter is "megahit", too. Cheats for each any every PoP1 modification should be the same, too. If it won't work, you'll have to ask the author of the MOD.
Generals
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by Generals »

mk1995 wrote:Cheats are not needed in any game if you don't fail horribly at them.
okey but even I can pass it, majority still find cheat codes.
AuraDragon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by AuraDragon »

There was a trick to activate switches and things from behind a gate (GT; Gate, Trigger), I don't recall how to do it though, trying to figure it out again... If anyone remembers how to do that, please post here. Or for that matter any trick that isn't listed here.
I post on the forum at weird times of the day
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I'm not sure, but it could have something to do with killing a guard so that he falls right through the gate. From left to right, that is.
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

HAHA NEW TRICK!

Basically, it allows you to make a loose tile fall without exactly touching it. You have to have a one tile pit and a gate:

All you have to do is step up to the edge, turn around, jump up twice, turn around, and jump at the gate.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

Hmm. Nice find.
Kaslghnoon
Sultan
Sultan

Post by Kaslghnoon »

If a closed gate is near a sword fight, it is possible to go through the gate.

[Edit: changed the youtube tag info to make the video visible. --Norbert]
nohoval_turrets
Efendi
Efendi

Post by nohoval_turrets »

What's the trick here? I can't get it to work (I'm trying on level 10 of unmodded 1.4)? What keystrokes do I need, and how does the timing work?

Cheers!