With how much time left did you first beat the game?

Discuss PoP1 for DOS here.

Same as topic subject...

I ran out of time and got the bad ending.
13%
I ran out of time whilst fighting Jaffar.
No votes
1 second ~ 5 minutes
13%
6 minutes ~ 15 minutes
No votes
16 minutes ~ 20 minutes
50%
21 minutes ~ 30 minutes
13%
31 minutes ~ 45 minutes
13%
46 minutes and more
No votes

Total votes: 8

mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

With how much time left did you first beat the game?

Post by mk1995 »

I'm sure everyone out there in the community has beaten Prince of Persia at least once. However, a few less may have beaten it on their first time without running out of time, but I'm sure the majority has made it. So, here's another poll!

As for my answer, I had 21 ~ 30 minutes remaining. Now I can beat the game within half an hour, but yet never managed to have more than 40 minutes left. I think if I cease to collect the life potions, I might manage that.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
Eagle-Head Priest 97
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: With how much time left did you first beat the game?

Post by Eagle-Head Priest 97 »

The first time, I had 19 minutes left. Now, I can do it with around 40 minutes left.
Former Member of popuw.com/forum
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

These things... how could I remember them? I can't.
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

I can't remember exactly, as I was playing it on my PS2. But I think I got about the same time as Eagle-Head.
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

You really are master players. I never managed to beat this game (to my shame). Anyhow, I first played it on a 386 computer and had only the first 7 levels of it (I don't know how) - and I did manage to get there after many tries. But when I took it up again with a serious purpose (to finish it), I only got to the gate that is opened by the mouse (level 9 or 10...?) and ran out of time there. I never tried again, I just used cheats to browse through the levels and play each of them, but that's about it.

Now I'll be away for a long long time, while you can 'boo' at me. :lol:
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

John Wain wrote:Now I'll be away for a long long time, while you can 'boo' at me. :lol:
Why? We don't expect you to be a pro at this game just because you're a PoP fan (in general, that is), nor do we expect you to be a total gaming nerd. I can sort of understand you never tried again - the total frustration of it all, isn't it? I'd suggest you to try again someday, though. As a German saying goes: "Wer nicht wagt, der nicht gewinnt." (translates somewhat to: "If you don't dare, you won't win."), or let's take an English saying that could fit the situation, as well: "No pain, no gain."...
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...