@webmaster@ubisoft.de

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
iranboy2955
Efendi
Efendi

@webmaster@ubisoft.de

Post by iranboy2955 »

@webmaster@ubisoft.de
i will send an email to ubisoft with questions and ask if jordan mechner can perhaps answer it xD
so i want your help to write it because my english is worst! :P
here:

Code: Select all

Hello Ubisoft,

This is a mail from a fan of the unofficial forum www.popuw.com

I've got some question and i would be VERY happy if u could answer them.

Sorry for my bad english...i am german. I want to tell you something about 

the forum...It was a place i found the games i liked, the place where i found

tons of friends, much info's...It was my favourite site...

questions:

Greets from:
iranboy2955
Efendi
Efendi

Re: @webmaster@ubisoft.de

Post by iranboy2955 »

oh oops :P
MasterXploder
Efendi
Efendi

Post by MasterXploder »

kool ask him if he wantz 2 visit thy forumz ye 8) 8)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

I just sent him a mail. This is whhat I wrote:
Dear Mr. Mechner,

First off, I really praise the "Prince of Persia" saga you created. I haven't quite played the other games you made, though.

Anyway, the reason for this mail is the fact that I want to inform you that Prince of Persia has gained a huge lot of fandom. I think you know that, but I'm not sure whether you knew that there's been a professional webpage with a large and awesome community that was (and still is) capable of modifying everything - levels and graphics, even the sound - from the first two games of the saga. This was called "Prince of Persia: Unofficial Website"; or just PoPUW for short.
But... The site went down. Nobody knows why, but there are a lot of rumors. Ranging from totally ridiculous ones ("Ubisoft got the site deleted! Perhaps because of the free downloads.") to the more credible part ("It could be that the hoster of the page went down, and so did PoPUW.").

Does that mean all is lost? The community, the modifications... Not quite. The old community is re-gathering. Together, we do our best to recover all that is lost. Yes, Mr. Mechner, that's right. "We" do our best. I'm part of the community. Before PoPUW went down, I had the most posts (about 8000), so I'm quite known there. But enough about me! I'm going to show you the link to the forums. Perhaps you get interested and join the community? We're all dreaming about that!

http://www.forum.princed.org/

The rest is up to you...

Best regards,
mk1995 (That's my forum name)
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
virumor
Efendi
Efendi

Post by virumor »

Erm, just to stress: Ubisoft -the current owner of Prince of Persia franchise- has absolutely nothing to do with Popuw going down... this is purely Jalal's decision, nothing more, nothing less.

There was absolutely nothing on the forum/site that Ubisoft could take action against --- it is not illegal to post *hidden* links on forums, for instance.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

virumor wrote:This is purely Jalal's decision, nothing more, nothing less.
Huh? Why would Jalal close the site out of his own decision? The truth is that the site from which he hosted both - site and forum - went down. And so did PoPUW.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

Jalal was very busy to keep maintaining the page and when his hosting had problems and literally disappeared he just couldn't start it over again using an old backup. It is very important to know that keeping a forum alive, being its manager, keeping the community alive, contacting old members to remind them that some open threads may need their answers, keeping the phpbb versions, skins, latest pop news and download sections up-to-date, banning spammers, etc is a very hard task jalal was doing everyday. I understand his decision, but I believe it is now up to us to do all this stuff.
Perhaps we can ask him to send us the latest backups and start doing all this to recover the community with the old users and posts.
musicmaker
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musicmaker »

From what Poirot was saying, that's why I gave up being the admin at an increasingly popular Assassin's Creed forum. It's just too much work at these stressful times.
~We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.~

~Every move you make creates your destiny...~
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Now why would Jalal give up on PoPUW? That's just ridiculous! He ran the forum for about 4 years or so.
poirot
Developer
Developer

Post by poirot »

it was just too much, he needed a lot of help from us too. Thew problem is that nobody has enough time.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Ah... If I had been as mature as I am now, I think I could've helped him out. I mean, I visited the forum almost every day, but... Y'know. I have been quite childish during that time. And due to my many posts, I had a bad reputation (i.e.: Many people saw me as a spammer).

And I believe that there were far more than just 4 (or so) people that had the time working for the forum. I guess Jalal was very cautious about whom to choose.

By the way, we're getting totally off-topic here. As well as in many other topics. In almost every topic, we talk about the disappearance of PoPUW. It's #1 talking topic, but why don't people stick to the actual topic where we talk about that? It's right here!
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

mk1995 wrote:By the way, we're getting totally off-topic here. As well as in many other topics. In almost every topic, we talk about the disappearance of PoPUW. It's #1 talking topic, but why don't people stick to the actual topic where we talk about that? It's right here!

I'm a member of another forum (Tolkien-related) and many many topics, although started with a certain name and purpose, diverge. It's because we are people, not machines, and what we do here is talk. If I find the previous post a good starting point to say something, not necessarily related to the idea of the topic, I will go ahead and say it. The whole idea of topic is that someone can always come and post a related issue and afterwards come back to the topic. Going off-topic if there is nothing else to say on-topic is not so bad, I believe. Again, I stress that we are not programmed machines.