Prince Of Persia 1 in 1st person 3D

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Prince Of Apollia
Efendi
Efendi

Prince Of Persia 1 in 1st person 3D

Post by Prince Of Apollia »

So as a huge fan and a coder I decided to code a raycaster from prince of Persia in a programming language called scratch, it does not support 3d graphics, so I coded the engine by hand! It's kinda like the Wolfenstein 3d prince of Persia mod, you can play it online for free, this is NOT and ad btw it's just a cool project I'm working on!
The controls are wasd and q to shift left and e to shift right, space to shift and skip the opening
Oh and I'm from Belgium meaning I use an azerty keyboard, I will make the game querty later on, now you can just switch your keyboard to azerty and play it normally

NOTE: swipe TURBOWARP in settings to 1, it will increase the game quality

Https://turbowarp.org/768295874?turbo&fps=60
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Prince Of Persia 1 in 1st person 3D

Post by David »

I tried the game.

Some observations and questions:
  • The M key displays a map.
  • The triangle which marks my place on the map disappears if I enter the next level. It reappears if I hide the map and show it again.
  • But sometimes the arrow is hidden behind the border of the screen.
  • Sometimes the game displays floor buttons in front of me, even though they are not there. These usually disappear if I go towards them.
  • I can use the sword by clicking.
  • How can I drink a potion? I tried pressing every key, tried to go through the potion, tried clicking, but nothing worked.
  • I can enter exit doors even if they are closed.
  • When I complete a level, the screen fades as if I died.
  • When I first completed level 1, I just ran past the guard (without a sword) and entered the closed exit. Because of the previous point I thought that the guard killed me again, until level 2 appeared.
  • The exit on level 1 opens when I defeat the guard?
  • It's possible to finish level 1 without a sword, but then on level 2 I won't have a sword.
  • Guards (on level 2) seem to have 6 HP? (At least on the default difficulty.) The game does not show how many HP they have left.
  • I always lose at least one HP from guard fights, so by the third guard (on level 2) I usually die. (Unless I set difficulty to the easiest.)
  • Guards can attack me even from distances which don't let me attack them?
  • When I got to level 4 (yesterday), the whole page hung, even the TurboWarp UI.
  • On level 3 the skeleton can kill me through the wall?
  • After I restarted level 3 a few times, everything disappeared except the walls and the exit.
  • All the later levels were like this as well. Although some of them had an inactive skeleton frozen in its attack frame.
  • Level 4 didn't hang now.
  • It seems there is an unlimited amount of levels, but they just reuse the maps of the first three levels?
Prince Of Apollia
Efendi
Efendi

Re: Prince Of Persia 1 in 1st person 3D

Post by Prince Of Apollia »

David wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 1:38 pm I tried the game.

Some observations and questions:
  • The M key displays a map.
  • The triangle which marks my place on the map disappears if I enter the next level. It reappears if I hide the map and show it again.
  • But sometimes the arrow is hidden behind the border of the screen.
  • Sometimes the game displays floor buttons in front of me, even though they are not there. These usually disappear if I go towards them.
  • I can use the sword by clicking.
  • How can I drink a potion? I tried pressing every key, tried to go through the potion, tried clicking, but nothing worked.
  • I can enter exit doors even if they are closed.
  • When I complete a level, the screen fades as if I died.
  • When I first completed level 1, I just ran past the guard (without a sword) and entered the closed exit. Because of the previous point I thought that the guard killed me again, until level 2 appeared.
  • The exit on level 1 opens when I defeat the guard?
  • It's possible to finish level 1 without a sword, but then on level 2 I won't have a sword.
  • Guards (on level 2) seem to have 6 HP? (At least on the default difficulty.) The game does not show how many HP they have left.
  • I always lose at least one HP from guard fights, so by the third guard (on level 2) I usually die. (Unless I set difficulty to the easiest.)
  • Guards can attack me even from distances which don't let me attack them?
  • When I got to level 4 (yesterday), the whole page hung, even the TurboWarp UI.
  • On level 3 the skeleton can kill me through the wall?
  • After I restarted level 3 a few times, everything disappeared except the walls and the exit.
  • All the later levels were like this as well. Although some of them had an inactive skeleton frozen in its attack frame.
  • Level 4 didn't hang now.
  • It seems there is an unlimited amount of levels, but they just reuse the maps of the first three levels?
Thanks for this review the game isn't ready of course, I'm still Trying to figure out some graphical bugs, you shouldn't be able to finish without sword, I'm trying to make tou have the same nostalgic feeling that you get in the og game, does this apply to you?