Color Issues

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Prince Of Apollia
Efendi
Efendi

Color Issues

Post by Prince Of Apollia »

So I exported a pv.dat with PR, But I want to edit this in Adobe Photoshop, but I only have 17 or less colors... When I change the indexed color to RGB color and import it into POP1, I feel like EVERY unknown color i-turns WHITE! Why is this?

Thanks
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Color Issues

Post by Norbert »

Prince Of Apollia wrote: March 30th, 2023, 1:23 pm[...], but I only have 17 or less colors
The DOS port works with indexed palettes only; you can't use RGB.
You can, however, use SDLPoP instead, which will continue to work fine even with custom RGB images.
Prince Of Apollia
Efendi
Efendi

Norbert wrote: March 30th, 2023, 5:53 pm
Prince Of Apollia wrote: March 30th, 2023, 1:23 pm[...], but I only have 17 or less colors
The DOS port works with indexed palettes only; you can't use RGB.
You can, however, use SDLPoP instead, which will continue to work fine even with custom RGB images.
That's where the problem comes in... I am using SDLPop... So what to change, can I change the range of the indexed color?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Prince Of Apollia wrote: March 31st, 2023, 1:31 pmThat's where the problem comes in... I am using SDLPop...
You're using SDLPoP for playtesting, but you are not modding SDLPoP. :)

To mod SDLPoP instead of the DOS port, change the images in SDLPoP's data/ directory.

If you want changes to show up when using apoplexy, also delete the related DAT files from the prince/ directory.
For example, if you modify the pillows in the princess' room (data/PV/res981.png), also delete prince/PV.DAT.
(Hm... is there any way to prevent modders from having to do this?)
Prince Of Apollia
Efendi
Efendi

Yep, that worked! Thanks
Norbert wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:41 pm(Hm... is there any way to prevent modders from having to do this?)
Maybe an algoritm that uses PR to do this automaticly inside apoplexy, if that is what you mean...