Discord server?

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
CloverGruff
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Discord server?

Post by CloverGruff »

Hi there!

I've been following this forum for quite some time and I'd love to join various discussions, mainly about the original trilogy of PoP Games.

I was wondering though, does this community have a discord server? There is a PoP Discord server out there, but it seems like most of the members there are only discussing the SoT trilogy, and almost nothing related to modding, SDLPop, or really the original trilogy in general. But, not that there's anything particularly wrong with the later games, of course. :)

Would anyone here be interested in using and maintaining a discord server dedicated to the original trilogy of Prince of Persia?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: Discord server?

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

CloverGruff wrote: January 11th, 2021, 11:23 am I was wondering though, does this community have a discord server?
I don't think there's any official discord server. It would be great to create one, but anyway there aren't a lot of people who would join it. If we could promote it, so PoP fans who are unaware of the forum and interesting discussions might be interested in sharing their views, then it makes sense to create one. Norbert, David, Falcury (, poirot if he's online) what do you guys think?

Is it possible to promote the discord server to PoP fans, so more people can join the community with their interesting thoughts and (modding) ideas?
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

A related topic: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4312
CloverGruff
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by CloverGruff »

Norbert wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:48 pm A related topic: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4312
Is that server still active? Whatever the case, the invite link has since expired.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

CloverGruff wrote: January 11th, 2021, 4:32 pm
Norbert wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:48 pm A related topic: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4312
Is that server still active? Whatever the case, the invite link has since expired.
It might be good to create one if others vote for it.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I don't know if (that) one is currently active, probably 4DPlayer can tell - he's still visiting this forum (yesterday, even).
CloverGruff
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by CloverGruff »

Norbert wrote: January 11th, 2021, 9:40 pm I don't know if (that) one is currently active, probably 4DPlayer can tell - he's still visiting this forum (yesterday, even).
Yes, I sent him a message asking about this yesterday. Haven't gotten a reply yet, though.
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

CloverGruff wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:19 pm Yes, I sent him a message asking about this yesterday. Haven't gotten a reply yet, though.
4DPlayer hasn't been online again. I hear he delete the YouTube channel and Facebook account :|
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
CloverGruff
Scholar Scribe
Scholar Scribe

Post by CloverGruff »

yourantumayel69 wrote: January 19th, 2021, 7:03 am
CloverGruff wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:19 pm Yes, I sent him a message asking about this yesterday. Haven't gotten a reply yet, though.
4DPlayer hasn't been online again. I hear he delete the YouTube channel and Facebook account :|
That's quite unfortunate. Would anyone here be interested in opening such a discord server though? How many people from this forum would be willing to join?
crem
Efendi
Efendi

Post by crem »

I'd suggest to join one of the existing PoP servers rather than create yet another one.

I.e. Karlgamer's (PoP Any% speedrun WR holder) server: https://discord.gg/7dXYU6vx9P

PoP speedrunning server (probably less suitable as it's mostly about other versions of PoP): https://discordapp.com/invite/0Ss0agDWPoiSvr3E