Call to vote for your favorite tricks

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: Call to vote for your favorite tricks

Post by Norbert »

Perhaps there's a way for Falcury to get a list of all email addresses of people who visited the Princed forum in 2020 and/or have posted 50 or more times in total? I could then manually email those people via BCC from the PoPOT email address per 30 addresses or so. (I could first merge the list with a similar email addresses list of PoPOT users.) And then with a message that explains the submissions are welcome until the end of October. Falcury, what do you think?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Yes, that would be nice of you if you decide to send an email to them. But make sure it's not marked as spam. Test on other email id of yours. Is the message is same it might be considered spam. Maybe you need to add a name for each email.

And yes, I think any admin that has access to the user list can get it. Or it's just a simple query away:

Code: Select all

SELECT name, email FROM users WHERE user_last_seen LIKE '%2020%' AND user_post_count >= 50;
You need to change that according to the columns, otherwise poirot would have to fire the query manually.
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 5:23 am Yes, that would be nice of you if you decide to send an email to them. But make sure it's not marked as spam. Test on other email id of yours. Is the message is same it might be considered spam. Maybe you need to add a name for each email.

And yes, I think any admin that has access to the user list can get it. Or it's just a simple query away:

SELECT name, email FROM users WHERE user_last_seen LIKE '%2020%' AND user_post_count >= 50;
You need to change that according to the columns, otherwise poirot would have to fire the query manually.
Maybe use OR instead of AND.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: September 30th, 2020, 10:17 am
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 5:23 am Yes, that would be nice of you if you decide to send an email to them. But make sure it's not marked as spam. Test on other email id of yours. Is the message is same it might be considered spam. Maybe you need to add a name for each email.

Maybe use OR instead of AND.
Yeah, you are right, OR would get more users.

SELECT name, email FROM users WHERE user_last_seen LIKE '%2020%' OR user_post_count >= 50;
I'll involve poirot in this.

Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 10:54 amI'll involve poirot in this.
Were you able to contact him?
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Norbert wrote: October 27th, 2020, 1:16 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 10:54 amI'll involve poirot in this.
Were you able to contact him?
I did contact him, but he's too busy I guess. He told me that he would have to run the command directly, I sent him the command and all, but after that I never actually heard from him. Maybe he decided to do the task and then reply and then forgot about the task itself, or something similar, I don't really know. Maybe it's just best that you can end the vote thing at the end of the year, as not many people have voted...