PoP dislikes

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

PoP dislikes

Post by Emiliano »

Write everything you dislike about Prince of Persia
I do not like copy protection and the skill 7
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Re: PoP dislikes

Post by Shauing »

The guard on Level 8 on the DOS version. At least one death guaranteed.
Forgetting to not run after defeating Jaffar. I fall down and die, having to fight him again.
That you cannot hold the arrow key during a fight to move, you have to press it constantly, moving one step at a time.
When you press up during a run and the Prince doesn't jump, leading to a death.

Levels 8 and 10 on my The Queen Of Light mod.
The former due to the tedious labyrinth-like level I made (you go back to the start room or checkpoint room if going the wrong way), plus adding the ''static loose'' tile as an obstacle. If I complete v3.0, that level will at least no longer have that dumb labyrinth idea.
The latter level has too many close fire tiles at some rooms, lagging the game somewhat and messing up the timing of strike and attack against the Queen. Again, if I finish v3.0, I might space these tiles and remove some to avoid that much slowdown.

The monster boss on Level 17 of the SNES port. A good idea executed poorly due to the fighting and pacing not quite fitting with the fight, which is also laggy. One of the very few duds on an otherwise great port/expansion.
The conveyor belts. Historically dubious (as DavidxNewton put it), slows down the game and can make you fail a jump as it moves you pixel by pixel, which is not how you move in this game.
The one-hit kill attack by Jaffar if you fail to strike/block his attack during the magic phase.
Levels 16-19 length. Somewhat tedious, especially 19 with several closing tiles, forcing you to go through long paths or re-doing puzzles to open the next door.
Censored blood and torture scene removed in the US version. I don't mind that much the latter, but the former is present on all other ports and its pretty unrealistic to be chopped/crushed/burned/etc. and not a bit of gore is displayed. And as we have seen, graphics for some removed deaths show that the gore was going to be present but was probably censored at the end of development!
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174
yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

I'm not a dislikes of Prince of Persia, but I don't like:
1. Copy protection
2. Many chomper tile in this room
3. Many loose floor in this room
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

1. Copy protection (but now it's bypassed, so that's fine).
2. Guard who has Level 7 skill
3. Not having any key stroke(s) of directly jumping up and left, or up and right (diagonally left and diagonally right, upside).

Rest is fine :)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: March 17th, 2020, 11:18 am 3. Not having any key stroke(s) of directly jumping up and left, or up and right (diagonally left and diagonally right, upside).
You can use Home and Page Up, or numpad 7 and 9.
See also this: https://github.com/NagyD/SDLPoP/issues/ ... -569385932
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

David wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:55 pm You can use Home and Page Up, or numpad 7 and 9.
No David, I meant like these:

Inkedprince_003_LI.jpg
Inkedprince_003_LI.jpg (823.75 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
Inkedprince_002_LI.jpg
Inkedprince_002_LI.jpg (823.98 KiB) Viewed 1241 times

I wanted to have something like that in PoP... Even if there is a blackhole in between and a tile next to it in the top row, the Kid could grab it logically, if it's not that long distance...
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Shauing
Calif
Calif

Post by Shauing »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 6:13 pm
David wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:55 pm You can use Home and Page Up, or numpad 7 and 9.
No David, I meant like these:

Inkedprince_003_LI.jpg

Inkedprince_002_LI.jpg

I wanted to have something like that in PoP... Even if there is a blackhole in between and a tile next to it in the top row, the Kid could grab it logically, if it's not that long distance...
Hey, it's a similar idea I have for my third SNES hack (if it can be implemented)!
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: 30th Anniversary Port v1.1.5. Download it today!: viewtopic.php?p=29053#p29053
NEW UPDATE! Prince Of Persia: The Queen Of Light v2.6. Download it today! viewtopic.php?p=33174#p33174