Looking for Volunteers

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Re: Looking for Volunteers

Post by Falcury »

OK, after consulting with poirot and seeing that there are no objections, I have now enabled administrative privileges on the forum for atrueprincefrom18.
Norbert wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:42 pmAnyway, I trust atrueprince with administration rights. If someone - Falcury, currently, right? - keeps making backups now and then, then there shouldn't be a problem even if someone (whoever) accidentally presses a wrong button somewhere.
We can see how it goes. Yes I am still making backups. The database roughly every two weeks or so, the whole file structure more infrequently (mostly before and after large changes, such as phpBB updates).
David wrote: January 9th, 2021, 10:56 pm In the past, when I (as a moderator) found spam, I banned the posting account permanently, then moved all their spam posts to the trash.
After that, Falcury (as an admin) usually deleted the banned account (which also deleted its posts).

The admin access is needed only for deleting the account.
This deleting can be done at any later time, and it's not strictly necessary, since a banned user can't post anyway.
Why were we deleting them, then?
Maybe because spammers can put spam into their profile as well? (See viewtopic.php?p=22107#p22107 and viewtopic.php?p=22508#p22508)
Yes, if I remember correctly I started systematically deleting the profiles after those posts, in which Norbert recommended doing that.
I am now wondering if it actually makes sense to keep the current situation where you have moderator access, but not admin access. (Maybe it would also be good if I promote you to admin?)