Looking for Volunteers

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Looking for Volunteers

Post by Norbert »

As most frequent visitors of this forum know, I've been the webmaster/administrator/secretary of both Princed and PoPOT since 2011/2012 or so. I want to keep doing this for PoPOT. For Princed, however, I want to transfer my activities and permissions to other people. I personally want to only have PoPOT (popot.org) to look after in the future. This means I'm currently looking for volunteers for Princed. Some tasks require more technical skills than others. I'll list the activities below. If you want to volunteer for one or more things, simply reply in this thread.
Maybe other things, did I forget anything? :)
spartacus735
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Looking for Volunteers

Post by spartacus735 »

Norbert wrote: [*] Occasional forum moderation. (David already/also has moderator rights.)
I would like to be moderator.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/spartacus735 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the channel of prince of persia snes mod
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I'll wait until July 21st, one month after the call for volunteers, to see if others will react.
Then I'll contact poirot and we'll sort things out in consultation with the volunteer(s).

We may have a situation where certain tasks will be canceled/delayed for lack of volunteers. This isn't necessarily a problem. Most things, including the forum, will keep running without administration, and if people want to know about news they can visit the forum to read regular forum posts. In due course I'll make sure to inform people about these changes with a simple post on the forum, main page, Twitter and Facebook.
Fred
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Fred »

Hi Norbert,

I'd be willing to volunteer. I realize I'm very new here, but I'm a software engineer with lots of PHP experience, so I should be able to handle all the technical aspects.

Fred
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Thanks Fred, I'll mention it during my talk with the princed.org owner. (spartacus735, thank you too, of course) Fred, obviously your interest in Prince of Persia (modding) will change over time. The subject may become less (or more) appealing and interesting to you. This isn't a problem per se, given the non-permanent and non-obligatory nature of a volunteer position. But given your recent arrival, you may want to take into account that things lose their shine. Think of a puppy that's running through puddles of water for the first time, so exciting. The technical stuff isn't even much work, but it's still work. You made your suggestion based on your assessment of our puddle here that's new to you, if you get the parallel I'm trying to draw. :) Yeah, there's definitely some pretty cool stuff happening in the community now and then, but it can also be quiet for long periods of time.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

To: ecalot TA princed TOD org, ecalot TA gmail TOD com
Subject: Princed
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 22:51:33 +0200

Hi Enrique,

I'm hereby, from this moment, resigning as the
webmaster/administrator/secretary of Princed.

You can find all tasks I previously did in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=3849
Note that the overview includes:
"Make backups of the wiki and forum (files and databases)."

I'm leaving it up to you to decide who - if anyone - will be doing
these tasks in the future.

spartacus735 volunteered to be moderator here:
viewtopic.php?p=19062#p19062

Fred volunteerded to handle "technical aspects":
viewtopic.php?p=19121#p19121

Below are all the current passwords for everything.

Forum administrator: USER / PASS
Facebook: MAIL / PASS
Twitter: MAIL / PASS
FTP (to DOMAIN, port PORT):
- MAIL / PASS
- MAIL / PASS
Database / PMA:
- (HTTP) DOMAIN
- (HTTP_S_) DOMAIN
- USER / PASS

Best regards,
Norbert

- - - - - - - - - -

To: ecalot TA princed TOD org, ecalot TA gmail TOD com
Subject: Re: Princed
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 23:19:41 +0200

Oh, one more, the YouTube (PoPModding) account:

YouTube: MAIL / PASS

[...]

Best regards,
Norbert
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Sorry for my late reply.
I would be willing to help out if necessary. Keeping up with and posting news/announcements would be a bit difficult for me as I might be absent frequently. But I could e.g. collaborate with Fred on the technical aspects / help to create reserve backups / do occasional forum moderation / do misc tasks. It may be good to have a team of a few people.
Norbert, thank you for your fantastic work the past years! Sorry to see you resign, but it's understandable. Running a community is nothing to take for granted. I hope you will still be posting on the forum in the foreseeable future?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Thanks Falcury.
Falcury wrote:I would be willing to help out if necessary.
You could get in touch with poirot (and Fred), if you haven't already.
Falcury wrote:I hope you will still be posting on the forum in the foreseeable future?
I have no plans to leave. :)
Fred
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Fred »

Hi Norbet, thanks for the reply and the consideration. Of course, your point is totally valid. My interest in POP modding has indeed come and gone over the past 10 years or so. It certainly makes most sense for a community to entrust such responsibilities to a long-standing member as frequent transfers of responsibility can be strenuous. With that in mind, I agree with Falcury in that a team of a few people might be able to manage variations in individuals' availabilities better. Either way, I would still would be happy to be of assistance in any capacity be it primary, backup, or as part of a team, if the community feels that can be valuable. Let me know, Thanks!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Remember this?
Norbert wrote:Fred, obviously your interest in Prince of Persia (modding) will change over time.
I think he made one more post, and then disappeared (forever)? :lol:
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

From the new year onward, I will be doing some site administration activities!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Falcury wrote:From the new year onward, I will be doing some site administration activities!
Hey, that's good to read. Hopefully it won't take much of your time.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

spartacus735 or SuavePrince, maybe one of you is willing to keep Facebook or Twitter up-to-date?
If you are, you could contact poirot.

It's not much work, if there's something released/published or updated, you just add a link to this forum or wherever.
Facebook did not get updates since November 7, Twitter since July 10.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Norbert wrote:Hey, that's good to read. Hopefully it won't take much of your time.
We'll see. It will be a little while before the dust settles and everything has been caught up, I'd expect. After that, I'll see if I can keep it up going forward.
Norbert wrote:spartacus735 or SuavePrince, maybe one of you is willing to keep Facebook or Twitter up-to-date?
If you are, you could contact poirot.

It's not much work, if there's something released/published or updated, you just add a link to this forum or wherever.
Facebook did not get updates since November 7, Twitter since July 10.
Yeah, it would be great to get help with this!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Falcury wrote: January 1st, 2017, 11:45 pm
Norbert wrote:spartacus735 or SuavePrince, maybe one of you is willing to keep Facebook or Twitter up-to-date?
Yeah, it would be great to get help with this!
I'm currently unable to post on Facebook, because after I login I get a "The page isn’t redirecting properly" error.
That is the error Firefox gives me. When I try with Chromium, I get a too many redirects error.
I first ran into this problem when I tried posting this news about Shauing's mod on Facebook.
That was May 29. Then I retried the next day, same error. And just now I've tried it again, a week after May 29, and get the same error.
I've searched for a solution or workaround but cannot find one. I tried clearing cookies, cache, etc. but it doesn't help.

This is why I basically have no choice but to ask for volunteers again.
Is anyone willing to keep the modding community Facebook page (and perhaps Twitter feed) up-to-date?
Basically, if there's PoP modding news, such as a new mod or new software or something, you would post on social media.