I have a question

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
robert
Sultan
Sultan

I have a question

Post by robert »

Hey all, since I started in this forum I hade different skills.

But my question is: what do they mean?

When I started I was Guard, then I became Efendi, then Sheikh, and then Beylerbey til now.

I saw that some users are Ancient Scribe (like mk1995), or Vizier (like Kashlgnoon). So what do they mean? what is more important? It is just a question I was wondering, nothing important. :D
This will be my face if you can't win any of my mods
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: I have a question

Post by mk1995 »

Ranking is as follows:

0 posts: Guard [1 post to next rank]
1-2 posts: Scholar Scribe [2 posts to next rank]
3-14 posts: Efendi [12 posts to next rank]
15-49 posts: Sheikh [35 posts to next rank]
50-69 posts: Beylerbey [20 posts to next rank]
70-149 posts: Vizier [80 posts to next rank]
150-199 posts: Sultan [50 posts to next rank]
200-499 posts: Wise Scribe [300 posts to next rank]
500-699 posts: Calif [200 posts to next rank]
700-999 posts: Wizard Scribe [300 posts to next rank]
1000+ posts: The Prince of Persia [highest rank acheivable by normal means]

Moderator status: Ancient Scribe
Head admin: Site Shah
Co-admin: Shah

I noticed how the posts required to increase in rank are HEAVILY dissonant. If I may, I'd recommend the following approach:
Guard: 0 posts [1 post required]
Scholar Scribe: 1 post [4 posts required]
Efendi: 5 posts [15 posts required]
Sheikh: 20 posts [30 posts required]
Beylerbey: 50 posts [30 posts required]
Vizier: 80 posts [50 posts required]
Sultan: 130 posts [70 posts required]
Wise Scribe: 200 posts [200 posts required]
Calif: 400 posts [300 posts required]
Wizard Scribe: 700 posts [300 posts required]
The PoP: 1000 posts [top rank]
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

Thanks! 13 more posts and I will be Vizier.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

all that spamming and no rank... :( me so sad...
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Oh, the irony... :lol:
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
robert
Sultan
Sultan

Post by robert »

n00blord wrote:all that spamming and no rank... :( me so sad...
Didn't understand it :?
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

How could you? You haven't joined the community until a few weeks ago and to understand what n00blord said you would have to be a veteran from PoPUW.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

In case you're still confused, robert, allow me to clarify.
This needs a bit of backstory. I once asked Jalal per PM to make me a moderator, but when I got the PM I was too excited to open it, so I asked musicmaker to. I had her and another PoPUW user who now classifies for the "dick" class in an MSN IM window. And foolishly, instead of giving her the password for my account in a private chat, I gave it to her in that conversation. She went and told me what Jalal said (he rejected me with the advice not to ask to be given anything) and all was fine and dandy with me until I, at one point, naively stereotyped all noobs as dumb, which technically speaking is correct as "noob" is the derivated form of "newb", which in turn is the short form of "newbie", which refers to a person new and inexperienced at something, but n00blord here didn't take kindly to it. He was also in contact with that dick of a PoPUW member and was told my password, which he used to hack me up. And there you have it.
Now, because of his trollish actions (such as constantly harassing other forum members, especially me), n00blord eventually went batshit on us and flooded the forum. After his rampage he was banned, but came back inconspiciously under a different name (not this one yet). I had a nice PM conversation with this stranger, unbeknownst to who he was, until at one point I asked him for his MSN address, with which he revealed to me his true identity. I wanted to go and warn everyone in the shoutbox, but it was too late as havoc was wreaked once again. His posts and account were quickly taken care of after he decided he'd had enough. Then he returned as MALENI_PIONIR (if my Russian is sufficient, this is Serbian for "little pioneer") and went wreaking havoc instantly with no charade as to who he was. Topic names included "mk1994 doesn't believe in God" (which was quote of me in which I said I'm an atheist but leave others' religions alone; I think he may have purposely misspelt the numbers in my username, but I'm not sure), as well as "Rats!" (content: "But don't worry, mk will eat they're [sic] balls) and other crap. His flooding posts for that account alone have gone as high as 2007, as you can see, but later his other sockpuppets' posts were merged into this latest one, which bombed his post count up to ~5000 or so. I think he wanted to hurt my ego with that as I was the current top poster and quite proud of my rank (not so concerned nowadays), having acheived ~8000 posts before I temporary left the forum, never to have the opportunity to return, but that's beside the point.

Yeah, good times indeed.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

mk1995 wrote:
This needs a bit of backstory. I once asked Jalal per PM to make me a moderator, but when I got the PM I was too excited to open it, so I asked musicmaker to. I had her and another PoPUW user who now classifies for the "dick" class in an MSN IM window. And foolishly, instead of giving her the password for my account in a private chat, I gave it to her in that conversation. She went and told me what Jalal said (he rejected me with the advice not to ask to be given anything) and all was fine and dandy with me until I, at one point, naively stereotyped all noobs as dumb, which technically speaking is correct as "noob" is the derivated form of "newb", which in turn is the short form of "newbie", which refers to a person new and inexperienced at something, but n00blord here didn't take kindly to it. He was also in contact with that dick of a PoPUW member and was told my password, which he used to hack me up. And there you have it.
I do not like this. Whoever told you that he told me your password lied to you. I got it on my own, without anyone's help :) No one told me your password...

Eni-7 is that asshole? :D My dear friend John :D
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

No, no, not John. It was some guy who I think had the username luboprince or something. Remember him? Speaking of which, how's John doing?
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

John :D

I still have him on my MSN, makes me wonder why, though. Even with as much as I saw him online, the last thing I said to him must have been 3 years ago, and we hardly ever talked even until then. I guess there just was a time when I felt like adding every popuw member who provided their msn.

Not that I use MSN much nowadays, Skype does much better at that.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

Veke wrote:John :D

I still have him on my MSN, makes me wonder why, though. Even with as much as I saw him online, the last thing I said to him must have been 3 years ago, and we hardly ever talked even until then. I guess there just was a time when I felt like adding every popuw member who provided their msn.

Not that I use MSN much nowadays, Skype does much better at that.
Sadly, I don't hear of him too much too :(... Guess we're much better friends when there are evil deeds to be done... :(

MSN is so full of colors, that is terrible.