POPUW Topic

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: POPUW Topic

Post by mk1995 »

You will not like my opinion on this, but I think it's for the better that the PoPUW forum's not coming back. I mean, we're all pretty active on here now, and if we got the other forum back it'd be like dancing on two wedding parties. It just wouldn't feel right. To me, the PoPUW forum - during the short time it was back up again - was just a museum, a preserved relic of ancient times. It felt wrong and sinful to me to post in this forum that had been unused for at least 5 years.

I still hate Norbert for not taking into account that Jalal has a real life, and heck - I can even agree with nooblord here on some terms (aside from all the faggotry he seems to be fond of using in his vocabulary). But at least be glad that you've got the website itself back.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

(Music starts)
Do I think you're nuts?
Yes I do!

I'm not that great at musical numbers but I will be. Eventually.
-- Michael, the boy who makes Shaw's Nightmare.
Visit here to download Shaw's Nightmare: http://shawsnightmare.ucoz.com
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

I guess I do swear a bit too much sometimes when I'm angry. Well shit, that's the way I am.

Anyway, I believe that the old forum, for the short time that it was back, had more visitors than this one for a much longer time. It is not the same, whenever I enter here, there is no one online except those stupid google and yahoo bots. And they ain't much of a company, ya know what I mean. This is the real graveyard.

Well, it would be nice if Jalal would at least put direct link to these forums on popuw, and send the email to all the old forum members, inviting them to join princed forums. Or several emails.

And not to forget, a bit of faggotry:

Hey Norbert, I know you read this: There is going to be gay pride parade here in Serbia soon, I suggest you come here to teach these guys what a real faggot is, perhaps they'll even let you lead them when they get to know you.

Asshole.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

musa wrote:(Music starts)
Do I think you're nuts?
Yes I do!
You are trying way too hard at being witty. Thus you fail. Sorry, but that was not funny.
n00blord wrote:Well, it would be nice if Jalal would at least put direct link to these forums on popuw, and send the email to all the old forum members, inviting them to join princed forums. Or several emails.
Jalal told me he was going to redirect to this forum on his website whenever someone clicks on the link to the forums. But I do wonder why the few people who actually came back when PoPUW was back in its old glory weren't carrying over to here. I guess in some way it's for the better, though. People like blood_445 haven't gained a single IQ point in those 5 years. I do NOT want them here.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

mk1995 wrote:
musa wrote:(Music starts)
Do I think you're nuts?
Yes I do!
You are trying way too hard at being witty. Thus you fail. Sorry, but that was not funny.
I wasn't expecting a laugh.
mk1995 wrote:People like blood_445 haven't gained a single IQ point in those 5 years. I do NOT want them here.
Let's not be harsh. In forums, most people don't know better.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

musa wrote:
mk1995 wrote:People like blood_445 haven't gained a single IQ point in those 5 years. I do NOT want them here.
Given that you haven't joined us until post-PoPUW you couldn't know any better than that. The named example has been a complete retard with such broken English that some vocabulary had a completely different meaning to him (one example: "tall" instead of "tell"). Not to mention he created a duplicate account I could tell was his because of the writing style, and then he went and accused me of having made that account. He was an idiot and I'm glad to be rid of him.
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

It's awesome how you can tell what a person is currently like even after not seeing or hearing anything about him for three years.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

Veke wrote:It's awesome how you can tell what a person is currently like even after not seeing or hearing anything about him for three years.
True. I kinda always liked blood...

Though, he was a retard, that's for sure.
Dark77
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Dark77 »

hi all. I admit to you that i have almost never loooked to POPUW topic, so it's time to do it.
I have some question - what's going on with the site? i guess it currently works, right?
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

mk1995 wrote:
musa wrote:
Given that you haven't joined us until post-PoPUW you couldn't know any better than that. The named example has been a complete retard with such broken English that some vocabulary had a completely different meaning to him (one example: "tall" instead of "tell"). Not to mention he created a duplicate account I could tell was his because of the writing style, and then he went and accused me of having made that account. He was an idiot and I'm glad to be rid of him.
Come on, you can't let these mistakes get to you. I mean we all did stupid stuff sometime in our lives, like the time I went into another person's house just because nobody was home and the door was locked.

Also I DID join the PoPUW forums. Did you notice my posts? Then again I haven't seen blood_445.
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

Dark77 wrote:hi all. I admit to you that i have almost never loooked to POPUW topic, so it's time to do it.
I have some question - what's going on with the site? i guess it currently works, right?
The site itself is still there, albeit restricted to the original trilogy. The forums are gone again.
musa wrote:Also I DID join the PoPUW forums. Did you notice my posts?
I guess if I didn't know that you must've joined shortly before PoPUW went down. Not to mention I temporarily left the community a couple weeks before that incident. My bad.
jalal
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by jalal »

New updates for the website are now available. The /forum redirects to the Princed forum in few seconds, just in case for archive but will do later. The hex and other forum links will be posted in the next set of updates because they require more formatting and work.
jalal
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by jalal »

programmer wrote:If you want to post the archive, you could just use phpBB3 script and disable logging in, registering and writing posts.
yes that's one option, the problem is the mysql usage, preferably none just html pages so that it's easier to move hosts (less bandwidth and no db required...)
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

So, how's the archiving process going? What prog said sounded like a damn good idea.

(Sorry for resurrecting such an old topic, but re-reading it got me curious.)
jalal
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by jalal »

mk1995 wrote:So, how's the archiving process going? What prog said sounded like a damn good idea.

(Sorry for resurrecting such an old topic, but re-reading it got me curious.)
yes, i will put up the archive in the next major update. i've pushed some new updates today.
also, if anyone has some of the broken links, let me know, like pop1 portuguese versions.