POPUW Topic

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
jalal
Sheikh
Sheikh

POPUW Topic

Post by jalal »

The /forum will redirect here, this will hopefully boost this site's traffic. A link to UbiSoft official forums will be posted as well since not everyone was a fan of the old PoPs.

All the updates will be posted in this only popuw topic.

CUSTOM PAGES / HOSTING

If you want to create ANY page on my website, say for a missing PoP1 platform, etc. use the design and send it to me. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for the changes but should be instantly when I'm free.
For example: to MK: if you want to create a page for ALL YOUR MODS, make it and send it to me with all the files, I will link it in the index, index1, news, download, etc.

If you find any broken link/image, let me know if you have the replacement. I'm going to update some of the forum links. And the forum pages that poirot mentioned will be posted here later, it's just a matter of time (yes, popuw restoring is the perfect example).
Shattered
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: POPUW Topic

Post by Shattered »

Good to see the site back in action.
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RusFan »

Whether the forum will be restored? In the form of archive of PoP 1-3 threads at least? It's a pity to lose so much useful records. :cry:
mk1995
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by mk1995 »

The forum will most likely be never seen again. Jalal himself said after the outlash by Norbert that he'd be taking down the entire forum part permanently, leaving no backups. Trying to access the forum from the index page of PoPUW will net you this:
Due to the continuous attacks, insults, and immoral behavior of some of the worst members in the forum community, I have decided to drop the forum.
Jalal was in a bad mood alright, though some people I've talked to are skeptical whether Jalal has really dropped the forum forever. Honestly, I myself like to believe that, too. But for now (and probably forever) we'll have to cope with this board.

Strangely enough, when the forum was restored a few weeks ago some old PoPUW members I haven't seen since I left for a while before it went down came back. They didn't carry over to here, though.
Just to make something clear: I will not reply to daft PMs like "Where can I find X?" or "Can you give me a link to Y?". Most of your questions are likely answerable if only you took your bloody time to look through these forums and use Google if all else fails. Sheesh...
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RusFan »

mk1995 wrote:Jalal himself said after the outlash by Norbert that he'd be taking down the entire forum part permanently, leaving no backups.
If it is true then it meanly. He even closed access to the forum through Web Archive. What's the man... But I will not beleive in that while Jalal himself won't be explained here. The forum content is public property and he simply obliged to return us our works. We all waiting, and beleive, and hope... :| And let all hackers burn in hell. :evil:
jalal
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by jalal »

RusFan, don't worry, the archive you could access before is available on nobret's page. I will try to provide an archive version of the forum or think of sth else, but major changes will come later; I will just provide working pages for some forum links soon. Btw, as you see I converted some forum posts, if you want sth removed, updated or added just let me know.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Jalal, Norbert's PoPUW archive is naturally restricted to whatever snapshots the Internet Archive took of your site and the forum. It would be nice if some of the more interesting/important threads (the ones dealing with hex editing of the PoP EXEs for example) were made available in their entirety either on your site or here for everyone to access, including those who posted in them in the first place.
RusFan
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by RusFan »

jalal wrote:RusFan, don't worry, the archive you could access before is available on nobret's page.
Hmm, great archive, but I agree with Andrew its just a copy of Web Archive pages that we already had before. Its very incomplete, and now also less convenient in use...
xx20
Efendi
Efendi

Post by xx20 »

Give us a brand new forum! Without any posts or soemthing
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

xx20 wrote:Give us a brand new forum! Without any posts or soemthing
Whatever for? :roll: We'd only end up with no posts once again, and basically have to start from the beginning. There's only so much in terms of jumping through hoops and from site to site that people can tolerate, you know... IMO either PoPUW's own forum comes back up with the old posts reinstated (seems unlikely now due to ego issues), or else the important posts at least from the PoPUW forum archive are merged here (which we have been requesting for more than 2 years now and have lost hope of ever happening, again possibly due to ego issues).
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

Considering how Jalal dropped the forum, it makes me wanna recommend that we give up on POP and focus on another game. A game whose (un)official website does not end up breaking down.
-- Michael, the boy who makes Shaw's Nightmare.
Visit here to download Shaw's Nightmare: http://shawsnightmare.ucoz.com
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Veke »

That'd be like Zen monks converting in to Confucianism just because their monastery collapsed.
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

Maybe you're right. I'll write Jalal a note.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

Oh come on man, bring us the forums back, it is stupid to throw away all the work you did for some stupid crybaby.

Norbert, never saw a man that is more proud for being a cunt than you are. Keep up the good work.

By the way, admit it, while you were playing the forgotten sands, you were hoping that Malik and the prince will find out that they are not real brothers, that they will close the seal, marry each other and live happily ever after. Bet you imagined they're bed scenes late at night, didn't you, you little faggit. Why don't you just devote yourself to your second favorite site, the gay pride one, and leave us alone.

Asshole.
musa
Vizier
Vizier

Post by musa »

Be patient n00blord. Maybe we should sleep until September 30.