princed.org (phpBB forum + webpages)

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: princed.org (phpBB forum + WordPress webpages)

Post by Norbert »

Andrew wrote:At the very least a transparent background would help it look less ugly on non-white backgrounds, such as tabs for instance.
Feel free to create a better version.
You can share it via private message, attach it to a post, link to it, whatever you prefer.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Turning the white background transparent is a trivial job, but the image of those 3 domed buildings doesn't look good to me anyway at 16x16. Perhaps there's something else we can use and I'll keep an eye out, but maybe we're stuck with the existing image since it's part of the site's identity.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

But at the very least a transparent background would help it look less ugly on non-white backgrounds, such as tabs for instance.
Isn't that what you wrote?
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

Yes, I did, and I've attached a version whose background I made transparent in just a few seconds. Unfortunately it's like putting lipstick on a pig. If we can replace this with something entirely different then I'd request everyone to suggest PoP-related graphics that would look good at 16x16.
Attachments
Favicon.rar
(969 Bytes) Downloaded 65 times
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Updated the favicon.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

From here:
Norbert wrote:This forum's private message e-mail notification is currently disabled, I should fix that one day.
From here:
David wrote:And I don't get e-mails from private messages.
Plus the post above that.

From what I can tell e-mail notifications work again. Unless this seemingly unrelated fix fixed it, I think it fixed itself on the server side. At least, I did nothing but e-mail poirot (Enrique) about it, and although he created a ticket for the ISP, I think it started working again before he created that ticked. Anyway, fixed. :)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Norbert wrote: From what I can tell e-mail notifications work again. Unless this seemingly unrelated fix fixed it, I think it fixed itself on the server side.
That error said 'The "./language/en_us/email" directory does not exist.' when sending a PM.
According to the PHPBB source, that folder contains files like privmsg_notify.txt that is used exactly for sending an e-mail notification about a PM.

So I don't think it's "unrelated". ;)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:So I don't think it's "unrelated". ;)
Good point.
Instead of "it seems unrelated" maybe I meant to write "it might be related, but I do not (yet fully) understand how".
There's another example here. Perhaps when I'm tired and just want to submit a post. Dunno.
Andrew
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Post by Andrew »

The word "superscript" should be formatted as superscript, and the word "subscript" formatted as subscript, but that isn't the case currently because of a CSS conflict that's making sup and sub incorrectly inherit the wrong font and vertical-align properties.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Andrew wrote:The word "superscript" should be formatted as superscript, and the word "subscript" formatted as subscript, but that isn't the case currently because of a CSS conflict that's making sup and sub incorrectly inherit the wrong font and vertical-align properties.
Fixed. :)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

For the time being I won't be actively participating on this forum.
I may return to participate actively in the future, but this will probably be months, perhaps years from now.
I will keep updating princed.org and popot.org to include new and updated releases and publications.
If I miss something, please let me know via e-mail.
Good luck folks.
SuavePrince
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by SuavePrince »

Norbert wrote:For the time being I won't be actively participating on this forum.
I may return to participate actively in the future, but this will probably be months, perhaps years from now.
I will keep updating princed.org and popot.org to include new and updated releases and publications.
If I miss something, please let me know via e-mail.
Good luck folks.

Wow we will miss you :cry:
_Zaphod_
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by _Zaphod_ »

Norbert wrote:
_Zaphod_ wrote:Suggest a "where do i get the game" faq section
Where would you want this section to be, do you mean like a sticky post on the General Stuff forum board?
Yeah. that's what I had in mind.

I've tested and my links are still good.

Possibly it should be added to the no piracy thread.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Hey folks, don't worry, the SDLPoP thread and remakes board did not disappear. I've created a new category "Fan-Made Remakes and Ports", which includes the boards "SDLPoP" and "Other Remakes and Ports". Incoming links to the main SDLPoP thread from external websites should still work. Just like it made sense to give Pr1SnesLevEd its own board, it makes sense for SDLPoP to have its own board. (I also made some minor changes to board descriptions and made Princed a sub-board of General Stuff, since it's no longer under active development and outdated compared to the other editors.)
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Per oitofelix's PM request I've moved threads related to MININIM into a new MININIM board in the "Fan-Made Remakes and Ports" section.