princed.org (phpBB forum + webpages)

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
TehFlamez
Sheikh
Sheikh

Re: MININIM 0.9.2

Post by TehFlamez »

I'm completely new here, this is a strange question but, does someone know where is "New Topic"?
I'm lost in that case. Help.

[Edit: Moved to an on-topic thread. --Norbert]
Give me the Dagger!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Re: princed.org (phpBB forum + WordPress webpages)

Post by Norbert »

TehFlamez wrote:I'm completely new here, this is a strange question but, does someone know where is "New Topic"?
I'm lost in that case. Help.
See the attached image.
Attachments
New Topic button
New Topic button
TehFlamez
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by TehFlamez »

Haha. Sorry for that :D, I just posted.

~PS
Give me the Dagger!
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I've added

Code: Select all

[steam]AppId[/steam]
Example:
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I am no longer a (global) moderator.
More information can be found in this thread.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

What's with the forum? In the past half hour, it's been randomly not working and then working again.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:What's with the forum? In the past half hour, it's been randomly not working and then working again.
In the last couple of years, occasionally I've seen the forum load (very) slowly or not load at all. These loading problems usually disappear in a matter of minutes, sometimes a bit longer, maybe an hour or two. I don't think what you write about, what you experienced recently, is something new. Randomly not working and then working again, I've seen that many times in the past. Maybe it happens when the server is temporarily dealing with heavy load, for instance when search engine bots are crawling through the many posts of this forum. I'm slightly surprised to see you write about this behavior of the forum, since you've been one of the frequent visitors; I'd think you too would have run into this behavior more than once in the past, which would make it nothing new for you.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Maybe, but it seems that I run into it more frequently nowadays.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

I was submitting an edit to this post but I pressed Esc because I realized I want to edit it further.
Then when I posted my edits for real, the forum said:
This post has been altered by another user while you were editing it. You may wish to review the current version of this post and adjust your edits.
Looks like I'm so fast I'm interrupting myself? :)

@Norbert:
By the way, it seems that regular users can't edit their own posts. I guess it's intended?
I recently got a PM from 2233SecondAcc about adding a link to this post, and he wrote the edit button does not appear for him.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

David wrote:regular users can't edit their own posts. I guess it's intended?
They can, but there is a time limit. Of a couple of days, I think. It was set this way after programmer deleted all his (718) posts in August 2013. Currently, if forum users want to delete or edit - which could entail clearing them entirely - posts that are older than the time limit, they must ask a moderator or administrator. I think this has been discussed in public threads (several times), but the forum is currently too slow for me to do a lot of searching and Google's "site:" is not giving me all results. The time limit is the reason I kept updating SDLPoP's first post (related). Anyway, all forum setting can be modified, of course, if current administrator(s) feel like changing things. But you can imagine that, at the very least, some threads may become less readable/clear if all posts from an active participant disappeared. This is also the reason I nowadays tend to always quote relevant parts of messages I reply to.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

Norbert wrote:I think this has been discussed in public threads (several times), [...]
Here is one place it was mentioned: viewtopic.php?p=14251#p14251
(Found this mention just now when reading that thread. I found the thread after searching for "horse" to see if the pallet change could be related to this.)
Pretty sure there are other places it was mentioned.
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Okay, then, I think it can be left as it is.
Norbert wrote:But you can imagine that, at the very least, some threads may become less readable/clear if all posts from an active participant disappeared. This is also the reason I nowadays tend to always quote relevant parts of messages I reply to.
This reminds me of a forum post I found once: http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 743#p12743
The guy you are thanking appears to be deleted from the forum. I was wondering why, as his psots were entertaining. :(
"deleted" means all his posts were also deleted.
At least the person who said thanks also quoted the whole post that was later deleted.

And another thing...
Privacy? That's right, Voat aims to exceed expectations with regard to privacy. For example, one of the first features we implemented was the ability for our users to completely delete their accounts and associated data. That means with one click and a few ticks, all comments posted, all voting history and all personal submissions deleted.
So we call it unacceptable, and they call it privacy. Is this what they call cultural differences?
It's a different kind of website than ours, though.
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I didn't make that recent Facebook post, by the way.
Not that people think I complimented myself for doing a great job. ;)
David
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by David »

Oh, you mean this? :)

By the way, it seems to me that we don't have prominent links to our Facebook and Twitter pages?
I mean in the Forum and the Princed/PoPOT main pages / links page.
I had to dig around to find our Facebook page to see what you mentioned.
Falcury
Calif
Calif

Post by Falcury »

Hm, the Facebook page is also embedded in the iframe at the top of the forum page, right?