PoP experiences

Prince of Persia related subjects that do not have their own boards.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

PoP experiences

Post by Emiliano »

In 2015 my dad brought PoP 1.0, I was so excited to play an unknown game for me, it took me a year to finish it :)
In 2017 I found my abandonware site and downloaded PoP from the site, I discovered another mod 4D PoP, it took me a year to finish it too
Later in 2017 I was watching videos of strange levels that I have never seen before, I searched them by their name and found popot and I got very surprised of all the existing mods
Later in 2018 I tried to make my own levels but I didn't know anything about modding, the bad thing is that I downloaded Princed *the first level editor which has few options.
In July 2019 I used the same editor to change and remove objects and tried to submit it to popot, but Norbert rejected it, so he gave me the link to this forum to post it here
I felt less disappointed and happier
I had a try period of WinZip so I had to make many levels as possible, I released 10 experiments and Norbert added Persian Sweet Dreams in September 4
When I released my tenth experiment he told me that I should do quality levels, and believe me, I followed his instruction.
In my eleventh Launchment I did something better, even better than Persian Sweet Dreams (Jaffar's Multi Life) and Norbert added it on October 25
In November I released Lihinghntom's Palace but Norbert may add it if players like it, I hope he adds version 2.0
Thanks for all these great experiences (and disgusting but lessoning too)
*I will not edit this post, I will make a reply when I have finished my new 3 levels :)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Re: PoP experiences

Post by atrueprincefanfrom18 »

Great!
I had played this game in 2006 and later forgot about it. In 2018, I suddenly remembered the game and downloaded it from a different website. I completed it in a month. Watched some YouTube videos and completed it somehow in 50 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Researched more and found popot.org
Learned new tricks. Learned how to do modding. Made a mod uploaded it on popot https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000206 ( maybe try playing it later :) )
Just love the game a lot!
You inspired me and I will try to make quality mods too :)
Love to create new MODS :)

My complete list of mods until now!

My channel. Do consider subscribing it! :)
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 5:27 pm Great!
I had played this game in 2006 and later forgot about it. In 2018, I suddenly remembered the game and downloaded it from a different website. I completed it in a month. Watched some YouTube videos and completed it somehow in 50 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Learned new tricks. Learned how to do modding. Made a mod uploaded it on popot https://www.popot.org/custom_levels.php?mod=0000206 ( maybe try playing it later :) )
It feels so great to inspire someone else ;)
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Emiliano Fierro wrote: January 30th, 2020, 6:23 pm
atrueprincefanfrom18 wrote: January 30th, 2020, 5:27 pm Great!
It feels so great to inspire someone else ;)
:lol:
If you are an expert in playing PoP as well, can you answer this please? viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4464

Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

I'm a middle, not an expert :(
atrueprincefanfrom18
Site Shah
Site Shah

Haha! Same here... No problem, hope some expert guy will answer it :)

yourantumayel69
Calif
Calif

Post by yourantumayel69 »

I had played this game in 2000 through 2001. But I remember again in 2012 and downloaded from different websites. I saw popot.org in 2014. ;)
Pengkhotbah 3:1 (TB) Untuk segala sesuatu ada masanya, untuk apa pun di bawah langit ada waktunya.
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

If I have learnt something in this near to 9 months is that, the more you know, better mods you will make, for example
•In Persian Sweet Dreams I learnt about event assignment instead of using previous set doors
•In Jaffar's Multi-Life I learnt basic PR and set really weird graphics, I also used triggering any tile
•In Lihinghntom's Palace I learnt how to make graphics look how I want and easy room links
•In Universe 693 I learnt completely how to use broken rooms
•In Root Planet I will set guards that use random colors with a Hex editors, David taught me to add an eighth (and further) guard palette and I found by myself to display random colors
I would like to have known all this things since the beginning but I cannot come back in the time, but I can improve
•I need to learn how to make custom audio, but I'm not able to imagine new sounds, every time I listen a new songs (like it or not) I just can't believe the unknown sounds…
Emiliano
Wizard Scribe
Wizard Scribe

Post by Emiliano »

Update ↑
During Lihinghntom's Twisty Levelset making I learned a bit about the custom modifiers of the tiles and some Hex editing.