Sands of time problem

n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Sands of time problem

Post by n00blord »

Ok, so I installed it and the game behaves like a very fast slide show. It is annoying and the parts that i would usually finish without difficulties become very hard, like for example, climbing by jumping from wall to wall is almost impossible, and there is no way that i can perform counter attack :/ Somehow I managed to get to some room with many monsters and I just can't pass it, and I don't wanna beat my PC anymore :( What could that be? Where is the problem?

Btw, this is my first post on these forums :) But many users already know me ^^ Ah good old times... ^^
Veke
Wise Scribe
Wise Scribe

Re: Sands of time problem

Post by Veke »

What OS are you running it on? And PC specs? (though I doubt no-one's computer wouldn't be good enough for this game nowadays :P)
virumor
Efendi
Efendi

Post by virumor »

What do you mean with "very fast slideshow" exactly?

If the game runs too fast, this could be due to multi-core processor. The solution to this is play on one core by disabling your other CPU cores via CTRL+ALT+DEL > Set Affinity > and leave only one core checkedd.
BlackChar
Sheikh
Sheikh

Post by BlackChar »

virumor wrote:What do you mean with "very fast slideshow" exactly?
I guess he meant it ironically. Like a slideshow in powerpoint, just a bit faster :)

The trick with switching cores is quite nifty though. There were some games that had trouble with thread scheduling or something like that. maybe it will work. If not, post your specs, operating system, usual stuff. As for framerate, Windows Vista have habit of capping framerate in 3D games and it's really hard to bypass that. And some games with EAX sound don't work at all.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

AMD Athlon 5200+ dual core 2,6, 1Gb of ram, 512 graphic card... That processor thing kinda worked, now it isn't slide show any more, now its slow motion :D
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

Nah, its OK actually, I was just used to it moving very fast :P Now its perfect! Thx Virumor! And the game is awesome! Finally!

EDIT:

Ooops, it looks like it is slow motion a period of time after I set the affinity :(! I mean, its ok, when u r immortal :(... Is there any way to speed up the process?

ANOTHER EDIT:

It's ok, after reboot it all went fine ^^ I finished it at last! Every time I finish a POP game I feel like part of me died :(
John Wain
Vizier
Vizier

Post by John Wain »

"Just call me... Kakolukia"

I think that is the best ending for a game that I've ever seen.
n00blord
Beylerbey
Beylerbey

Post by n00blord »

Yeah... I hate when it ends :( I want more :(
Necdilzor
Efendi
Efendi

Post by Necdilzor »

I played the game with a pixel shader emulator :D Imagine that! the sword was always invisible. Anyway, I like the game very much.
ddk
Efendi
Efendi

Post by ddk »

i know this is old diiscussion but i have to say that, my pc also too fast. I couldn t play pop tsot.
i use p4 3.4 2gb667 ram x1650pro vga...
so i watched all wlkthrough at you tube, i say, those are too slow for me.
so, i can not fight, i can not jump (especially walls), i can not sword the birds...
how can i slow down the game to correct frame buffer?
Norbert
The Prince of Persia
The Prince of Persia

Post by Norbert »

I have absolutely no Windows knowledge, but I've searched on Google for possible solutions for too fast/slow CPUs.
Here are two possible solutions:
1. Turning vsync on/off. Right-click your desktop properties, select the Settings tab and click Advanced at the bottom right, select your video card, and so on.
2. Open the task manager while the game is running (with Alt-Tab, probably), go to the game's process, right-click and set it to only one core.
ddk
Efendi
Efendi

Post by ddk »

my problem was as below

so, as you watch, the monsters are so fast!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx4H9L3o ... e=youtu.be
ddk
Efendi
Efendi

Post by ddk »

yea, i cilicked the 2 processes (not 1, prince.exe and princeofpersia.exe) and set 1 processer such as cpu id 1, and then that the game back to normal frame rate.
before, i set one of process but i couldn t get any performance, but i notice that i had to set the two processes (prince.exe and princeofpersia.exe) to set 1 cpu value.
thanks for advices